Increasing yields from Two Can kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraeccan

Reaction score
Just another idea that I wonder if anyone had tried...

I've just finished conditioning a Munton's Dockland Porter, and it's blummin lovely.
Previous attempts were a St Peter's IPA which was very nice and a Wherry which didn't work too well for me. (brewer and not brew I would expect.

Any way. My question is regarding increasing the yield.

If I were to buy 3 two-can kits, and begin a brew using one of them, could I (after a few days) add one can of another kit (of the same type and along with half the required water) to increase the yield. I would slightly short brew the lot, but I'm worried about a secondary krausen (?) forming and overflowing in the FV.

This is the FV I'm using: http://www.arkwrightshomebrew.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_28/products_id/33

I am no expert in brewing kits but would it not be better to short brew with three cans from the start and then liquor back when its time to bottle/keg (I would also use two packets of yeast to help it get through the higher gravity)?

Dunfie said:
would it not be better to short brew with three cans from the start and then liquor back ...?

Um...yeah. Probably. Didn't think of that :roll:

Given my limited space, I'm trying to get the most out of my FV's by brewing more in the same time.

Your suggestion is certaily worth a try. Maybe next time both FVs are free, I'll use both methods and compare :thumb:

Back