Index system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanvine

Landlord.
Reaction score
This idea may be colossally impossible, but I’ll air it anyway.
The number of times that I have wanted factual information or indeed how to do something and I know there is a post somewhere that tells me exactly what I want.
Can I find it? Can I hell!
I’m thinking of the possibility of some form of index system, but the more I think about it the more impossible the idea becomes.
Anybody else got any thoughts on the matter or am I just dreaming as usual?

Head in the clouds
Jim

The phpbb search facility isn't too wonderful in my eyes. I must have the same problem as Jim.

Yes the search engine is **** just like on Jim's site :hmm:

I've always found it quite good, it's not intuitive though and takes a bit of careful planning to get what you want at times.

We do have the BrewFAQ section which can be expanded (and EB may know how to make that searchable) - if you feel a post would be good to add in there please PM it to one of the admins who will be happy to add it there.

brewingfaq.php

:thumb:

I've always thought that the search facility on here was pretty good, but as Wez says, you've got to think about what you're asking it for.

Wez said:
We do have the BrewFAQ section
Doh! How long's that been there? :whistle:

snail59 said:
Im a total technophobe but could you like bookmark or save favourte threads somehow :wha:

You can already do this. At the top of each page of posts, you should see:
Subscribe topic - clicking this means you will get an email each time something new is posted to that thread.
Bookmark topic - clicking this will add it to your bookmarks - to find your bookmarks, click on User control panel at the top right and then click on Manage bookmarks.

I agree that the phpbb search engine is not the easiest to use. It definitely helps to consider carefully the sorts of words that would best help to find what you are looking for and leave out common words in order to reduce the number of results returned.

eskimobob said:
snail59 said:
Im a total technophobe but could you like bookmark or save favourte threads somehow :wha:

You can already do this. At the top of each page of posts, you should see:
Subscribe topic - clicking this means you will get an email each time something new is posted to that thread.
Bookmark topic - clicking this will add it to your bookmarks - to find your bookmarks, click on User control panel at the top right and then click on Manage bookmarks.

:grin: SEE told you complete technophobe I cant even read words on a computer :lol:

I may be teaching granny to suck eggs here but you can use google to search this site by using "site:thehomebrewforum.co.uk" in the search text as shown here.

I like that one thanks very much :thumb: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back