Its too hot!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate at Uni was from Wrexham, (well, Oswestry but he is a fanatical Wrexham fan so I'm claiming it :laugh8:), and I thought he sounded more Manc than anything. Well, until he started to talk about Chester, then he started to rant and rave and sounded all Welsh (his family were all proper Welsh). :laugh8:

I’m from Liverpool but I have a Leicestershire twang lived here for so long.
A few months back, someone asked me if I was Italian !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're at it again. One good summer after a run of poor / mediocre ones and the BBC wheel out more tales of the Apocalypse, we're all going to have to get used to it and we'll all fry etc etc by 2040 (notice how the date, a very specific one at that ), keeps getting pushed back? These people don't miss a trick. If next summer is cool and wet, guess what will get the blame? Climate change and / or Brexit.

Oh God! He's woken up!! - Get the double barrel anti -Gunge shot gun with depeted uranium shells! Actually, forget that. I think it's best I take off and nuke him from orbit. It's the only way to be sure! :laugh8:

33C predicted for my commute home. Not looking forward to that. Why does the sweaty oik that legs it for the train just as the doors slam shut always sit next to me? Deodorant doesn't cost that much!

33C predicted for my commute home. Not looking forward to that. Why does the sweaty oik that legs it for the train just as the doors slam shut always sit next to me? Deodorant doesn't cost that much!

I thought Cliff was in Devon ?! Lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can get as hot as it likes...after a nice bowl of chilled water melon I'm off to the pub for a few pints and a lounge round the pool...stinking to high heavens.. obviously!

Just have a curry and let one rip as he gets on. He'll soon get the hint :laugh8:

IMG-20180722-WA0000.jpg
..the fish like it! Caught on the float rod,4lb line size 14 hook and a grain of corn...pulled like heck!

Please stop whingeing about the heat.

Without a lie or any exaggeration, back in the 1980's the Squash Courts on the Shedgum Gas Plant Camp in Saudi Arabia were out in the open-air and didn't have any air-conditioning ...

... so in the summer we waited until the temperature dropped to 30*C before we went out to play squash.

BTW on the same Gas Plant the Design Engineers had specified a maximum ambient temperature of 50*C for the fan-blades that were used on the air-coolers.

When started up, a number of the blades broke free and came floating down to earth like huge sycamore seeds. Luckily, no-one was hurt and the Engineers started muttering about the manufacturers producing poor fan blades.

However, after someone pointed out that the Design Specification was for 50*C ambient temperature, the penny dropped and they realised that sat on top of the coolers and in direct sunlight the blades were heating up to over 65*C and failing!

Happy Days! :thumb:

PS

Today in Riyadh it was only 42*C in the shade!

Last edited:
View attachment 14633 ..the fish like it! Caught on the float rod,4lb line size 14 hook and a grain of corn...pulled like heck!

Nice fish! :thumb:

It reminded me of the time my nephew arrived at the back kitchen window after a days fishing with my brother.

He lifted up a 4lb pike and shouted through the window "Look what I've caught Uncle Ian." to which I replied "Great. I can use that as bait."

With that he gave me the evil-eye and said "Uncle Joe said you would say that!" and then lifted up an 18lb pike the likes of which I have only ever dreamed of catching. :laugh8:

The quiet hamlet of Peckham is currently in the middle of a massive storm. Thunder, lightening and it's absolutely pi$$ing it down. Still boiling hot though

Latest posts

Back