Its too hot!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOO HOT in Germany too. I don't brew since 2 weeks, although I brew every week, due to the weather.

hot.jpg

What is Kviek?

Kviek is Norwegian farmhouse yeast (Kviek is the Norwegian word for yeast) that has a very high temp tolerence (30C-40C depending on the strain). They've become quite trendy recently. Have a look at this thread https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/kveik.75453/

Im pitching some into an Anglo-Germanic-Czech Bitter tommorow. Im just waiting for the wort to no-chill down to ambient temp. Which is 28C at the moment in my brew corner of the kitchen

......... They've become quite trendy recently. ..........

"Trendy?" :?:

I think the word you are looking for is "Essential". :laugh8:

My immediate thought was "Norway found and cultured a high temperature yeast? I wonder why somewhere like Saudi Arabia didn't do it?"

Then I thought "Doh!" as I remembered why that might be! :laugh8: :laugh8:

"Trendy?" :?:

I think the word you are looking for is "Essential". :laugh8:

My immediate thought was "Norway found and cultured a high temperature yeast? I wonder why somewhere like Saudi Arabia didn't do it?"

Then I thought "Doh!" as I remembered why that might be! :laugh8: :laugh8:

Even though I have a brewbag and can ferment at 'correct' ale temps, I like fermenting my beer at whatever the ambient temp is. Kviek yeast is perfect for doing this. The strain Ive got seems like it would be good for a bitter as its fruity and malty with a dry finish iirc. Im eyeing up WYeast 1028 for winter brewing of bitter as it can go down to 15.5C

Kviek is Norwegian farmhouse yeast (Kviek is the Norwegian word for yeast) that has a very high temp tolerence (30C-40C depending on the strain). They've become quite trendy recently. Have a look at this thread https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/kveik.75453/

Im pitching some into an Anglo-Germanic-Czech Bitter tommorow. Im just waiting for the wort to no-chill down to ambient temp. Which is 28C at the moment in my brew corner of the kitchen

Uh! Now, I got it. I read about Kviek, I remember now.

I have some Saison(French and Belgian) yeasts, there are also temperature tolerant. But my brew place is in a greenhouse. I think there is >40°C now. To much for me.

Uh! Now, I got it. I read about Kviek, I remember now.

I have some Saison(French and Belgian) yeasts, there are also temperature tolerant. But my brew place is in a greenhouse. I think there is >40°C now. To much for me.

Greenhouse? I think you're better of growning tomatoes than brewing, for a few weeks :laugh8:

Ive just opened the Evening Standard and looking at the forcast for Friday there's a little thunder cloud with a lightening bold icon at the top. Then the temps, but then underneath theres a poo emoji! The rest of the emojis are either smilies or smilies with glasses on. What on earth does this mean? Are we in London headed for some sort of $hit storm on Friday?

Ha! Typing in Brummie...it's funny when you start listening to UK accents... I've had two people guess mine this week in Devon....both said Liverpool!

Ha! Typing in Brummie...it's funny when you start listening to UK accents... I've had two people guess mine this week in Devon....both said Liverpool!

I take it you've welsh accent? How could they confuse that with a Liverpool accent? I guess they dont get out of there village often?

Liverpudlian is a very unique accent, difficult to confuse it with much else.

Latest posts

Back