Just placed an order on brew2bottle to see how it goes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Even though it's 6 days. The issue is that they don't respond to phone calls, emails or their online chat system, and also their alleged non payment of suppliers, and going into liquidation but continuing to do business. And non payment of taxes.

Yes we do have a choice Chippy, and I chose to buy from them this time. I'm not feeling comfortable about that at the minute, though.
Monday to Friday are working days, so as today is Thursday not 6 days then !
And when I started this thread I did say that they weren't responding to enquiries and that I placed my order to see how things went.
When my order arrived I posted verification images of my delivery.
The main reason I placed the order was to help other members decide whether or not to place orders.
I wasn't desperate for the items I ordered. The keg cleaner kit I ordered is a non-essential luxury item 😉

A business who does not answer the phone or reply to emails is definitely not worth defending.

So should we all **** B2B off and let another home brew shop disappear or shold we carry on using them as they haven't screwed any of us and wait to see what the KegKing announcement mentioned earlier today is all about.

So should we all **** B2B off and let another home brew shop disappear or those that do use them and trust them carry in and wait to see what the KegKing announcement mentioned earlier today is all about.
Why should we support a company that doesn’t pay its creditors, goes into liquidation, gets a related company to but its stock for 1/60 of what it’s actually worth, and then continue trading as if nothing had happened?

I’d edited one of my earlier posts to take this but out because I thought I was going OTT, but one of their creditors on the liquidation statement appears to be a small Homebrew shop and wholesaler based in Glasgow (Ale | Beer | Brewery | Glasgow | Homebrew) they were owed £7k by B2B. Looking at Companies House, this company appears to have annual profits of around £10-£20k a year (it’s minimal disclosure accounts though, it might be £10-20k retained profits after dividends). That’s about half of their annual profits they’ll have to write off because B2B were unable to pay what was due to them. B2B themselves could be directly contributing to making “another home brew shop disappear”.

Last edited:
Monday to Friday are working days, so as today is Thursday not 6 days then !
And when I started this thread I did say that they weren't responding to enquiries and that I placed my order to see how things went.
When my order arrived I posted verification images of my delivery.
The main reason I placed the order was to help other members decide whether or not to place orders.
I wasn't desperate for the items I ordered. The keg cleaner kit I ordered is a non-essential luxury item 😉
I'm not sure what the problem is. I appreciated your opening post.

"Why should we support a company that doesn’t pay its creditors"

Why should we care about what goes on behind the scenes of two businesses it makes no odds to us as customers, B2B have a good reputation here so for me as long as they continue getting kit to members on time i see no reason not to support them.

When discussing shady business practices when you buy your pint of milk in the supermarket do you care that the farmers profits have been ground down to next to nothing no you buy it anyway
(and milk isn't the only thing) yet so many are so vocal about B2B here.

B2B have carried on supplying our members with what they ordered in the time they promise and until they fail to do so i for one will not stop linking to their shop when members ask for recommendations.

Dairy farmers call for supermarket boycott as milk price falls
Dairy farmers are telling consumers not to buy milk at Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl and Asda as the battle over prices spills on to the high street for the second time in three years. Farmers have been protesting in UK supermarkets this week, after three major milk processors – Arla, First Milk and Dairy Crest – all said at the weekend they would cut the price they pay farmers.
Farmers were paid an average 23.66p per litre for milk in June, down 10% since January and 25% lower than a year ago, according to AHDB Dairy, the British dairy organisation.
Farmers say they need to be paid at least 30p to produce each litre. Tesco, Sainsbury’s, M&S and Waitrose all promise to pay fairly under specific contracts. But only 7% of milk produced in the UK is sold under such terms.

Last edited:
Why should we care about what goes on behind the scenes of two businesses it makes no odds to us as customers, B2B have a good reputation here so for me as long as they continue getting kit to members on time i see no reason not to support them.

When discussing shady business practices when you buy your pint of milk in the supermarket do you care that the farmers profits have been ground down to next to nothing no you buy it anyway
(and milk isn't the only thing) yet so many are so vocal about B2B here.

B2B have carried on supplying our members with what they ordered in the time they promise and until they fail to do so i for one will not stop linking to their shop when members ask for recommendations.

Dairy farmers call for supermarket boycott as milk price falls
Dairy farmers are telling consumers not to buy milk at Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl and Asda as the battle over prices spills on to the high street for the second time in three years. Farmers have been protesting in UK supermarkets this week, after three major milk processors – Arla, First Milk and Dairy Crest – all said at the weekend they would cut the price they pay farmers.
Farmers were paid an average 23.66p per litre for milk in June, down 10% since January and 25% lower than a year ago, according to AHDB Dairy, the British dairy organisation.
Farmers say they need to be paid at least 30p to produce each litre. Tesco, Sainsbury’s, M&S and Waitrose all promise to pay fairly under specific contracts. But only 7% of milk produced in the UK is sold under such terms.

I get my milk delivered to my doorstep direct from my local dairy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to buy from them don't no one is forcing anyone here to use them but while they still sponsor the forum and are still fulfilling orders I will have no hesitation in linking to their stuff if members ask about online shops etc.

Stinking attitude. Would've been interesting if they'd screwed over another sponsor. The mental gymnastics would've been entertaining.

Even though they are still fulfilling orders they appear to have zero support, if there is an issue with your order you only have the option to claim back from your credit card. How is this still a business worth supporting? I buy almost all my brewing stuff from 2 suppliers, both of which have amazing customer service and may be slightly more expensive but worth it knowing that any issue will be sorted immediately.

A business who does not answer the phone or reply to emails is definitely not worth defending.

Because Chippy says so. Laughable attitude as usual. Surprised the forum is taking the stance that screwing over other brewing businesses is ok.

Because Chippy says so. Laughable attitude as usual. Surprised the forum is taking the stance that screwing over other brewing businesses is ok.

They’ve even blocked the Youngs website from being linked on the forum:
*****************************/

Stinking attitude. Would've been interesting if they'd screwed over another sponsor. The mental gymnastics would've been entertaining.

I refer you to my earlier post -

Why should we care about what goes on behind the scenes of two businesses it makes no odds to us as customers, B2B have a good reputation here so for me as long as they continue getting kit to members on time i see no reason not to support them and until they fail to do so i for one will not stop linking to their shop when members ask for recommendations.

Do we need links to Young's website?
I'm sure members are capable of finding Young's website on their own 😂
But why ban them? Somebody might want to link to one of their products. We haven’t banned any other home brew suppliers websites from the forum, as far as I’m aware - what makes Youngs special, other than the fact they have made a statement criticising one of our forum sponsors.

If you would like to take it up with Admin @THBF i am sure she would be more than happy to discuss it with you.
I would appreciate that please Chippy and @THBF , would quite like to understand why a Homebrew forum would put a blanket ban on the website of a major Homebrew supplier.

Especially as it was raised in the previous thread that was closed and never actually answered.

As i have said many times when similar accusations have been posted -
I do not represent the forum i post as a member which i was many years before becoming a moderator, my views are my own.

Last edited:
But why ban them? Somebody might want to link to one of their products. We haven’t banned any other home brew suppliers websites from the forum, as far as I’m aware - what makes Youngs special, other than the fact they have made a statement criticising one of our forum sponsors.
*****************************/store-finder?prodid=1030
Just checking to see if their website links are blocked or just a particular Page.
That link was a link to retailers.

So should we all **** B2B off and let another home brew shop disappear or shold we carry on using them as they haven't screwed any of us and wait to see what the KegKing announcement mentioned earlier today is all about.
Im just saying if they have zero customer support and there is no way to even get in contact with them then they are not a business worth supporting. If they disappear then another company which supports their customers will take its place. Poor customer service is bad for business, non existent customer service will destroy it.

*****************************/store-finder?prodid=1030
Just checking to see if their website links are blocked or just a particular Page
I could understand them blocking links to the statement because, at the time, there was no evidence in the public domain to back it up - therefore it was just speculation which could be damaging to B2B if untrue.

I don’t understand the blocking of the entire website, products and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back