Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you use a hop spider?
I've had the same issue with a different filter and hop pellets. I think the key with T90 is to either bag them or hop spider

Last edited:
That's annoying. Just assumed that it would be fitted for the UK. To be honest I'd completely forgotten to even check the power cable so glad you mentioned it 😂.

Should have an adapter somewhere, but still
That’s strange as mine came with the adapter 🤔

I did my first brew today in mine, cleaned it then made Budvar. Made a few errors , not understanding the dead space and the overflow tube , I left the plastic cap on and put too much water in. But despite this worked well despite poor instructions. Made 23 litres at OG1050 which was an incredible 79% BHE. My recipes are based on 70%. The bazooka clogged and I’ll not use it again as I have two sieves two catch the solids.
With regards the bazooka.. Do you just pass through a hop bag instead, or do you actually mean a sieve?

With regards the bazooka.. Do you just pass through a hop bag instead, or do you actually mean a sieve?
49C0B274-163A-4E88-B20F-E35B56D94326.jpeg

These two over the fermentation bucket and a hop spider in the boiler.

Pulled the trigger on this, so watching in earnest how you get on with the maiden brews.

First brew today, trying David Heaths NEIPA with a 30 min boil. My only issue is that my OG was way off should have been 1.066 and ended up being 1.054. I made it up with some DME but as I had the top plate on I didn't work the grains that much which I should have done.
Changed the bottom bazooka for mine which is slightly coarser, no blockage issues.
Everything worked as it should just not the OG and the boil off is about 4 l an hour.
Did male life a lit easier though tried the home made immersion chiller and combined with the whirlpool arm got the temp down to 85 for whirlpooling in about 20 seconds. Filled two buckets for the main cooling and then used recirculated water in an ice bath to do the rest and it only took 15 mins or so. My pump just needs a bit more oomph. It's only a 950lpg fish pump. Now in the all rounder with a sachet of verdant and BRY-97 at 20 degrees waiting for the off.
In summary very pleased I purchased the Klarstein and the whirlpool is well worth the cash.

Attachments

• 20230120_144153.jpg
    20230120_144153.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
I’m amazed I managed to get a piece of kit like this for £177 unbelievable. Another question from a AIO novice and that’s a whirlpool arm is it a good idea to pump wort at 85-90C And how does that work with a hop spider?

I’m amazed I managed to get a piece of kit like this for £177 unbelievable. Another question from a AIO novice and that’s a whirlpool arm is it a good idea to pump wort at 85-90C And how does that work with a hop spider?
The pump should be fine at 85 degrees and under. I just used my homemade immersion chiller to drop to 85 which took seconds and then set the temperature on the machine. I left the chiller in situ and hung the hop spider on the outside of it. When switching on, the whirlpool pushed the spider around until it stopped at the back of the whirlpool arm and wort was being pushed around both sides and one presumes some permeated.
Once I had finished the 15 mins I took the spider out, squeezed as much wort out as possible and left the wp running.
I then ran the wort chiller and initially had the tap connected and caught the first 2 bucket loads to wash up. I then switched to an ice bath and pump recirculating through the chiller. I got it down. In about 20 mins. I then switched the pump off removed the wp and lid on and left for 10 minutes.
I then slowly cracked the tap to put the wort into the fermenter. Once we got going I opened fully.
You could see the hop cone forming with what had escaped the spider.
All drained with no blockages.

I would say for £19 the whirlpool arm is well worth having I crushed mine at the end vertically like a duck bill so it makes more of a whirlpool.
Certainly helped with cooling wort and the hop cone.

I used all functions on manual as I also used brewfather.
I'm really really pleased with it, just need to get a bit better efficiency.

I got the brewzilla jacket and the whirlpool from bkt for about £29 and a bit of post.

You might want to get some rice hulls to i add a couple of handfuls to each brew as this helps wort run through the grainbed.

Just came to post this bargain, so pleased others had already spotted and and taken advantage of the price! Would be very tempted to upgrade if I had the cash spare. Can't believe such great bit of kit can be so cheap!

BKT have a neoprene jacket now down to £10. Even better us the jacket, whirlpool arm, hop spider and tap fittings for chiller for only £40. Shame they don't have any chillers at mo.

Latest posts

Back