Laaaaag.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRedDarren

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hiya,
I had a Saturday brewday last weekend and pitched in WLP005 at 25*c and still no action almost 48 hours later... Well, I say no action, it formed a bit of a krausen then went back to sleep! I've tried swearing at it and that didn't work.
Leave, re-pitch or rouse?

Funny old stuff this yeast! After five days of virtually no air lock activity, I took a hyrdo reading to see if anything had happened. It's attenuated from 1048 down to 1015!
So true that you can't tell if it's fermenting from airlock activity alone!

Funny old stuff this yeast! After five days of virtually no air lock activity, I took a hyrdo reading to see if anything had happened. It's attenuated from 1048 down to 1015!
So true that you can't tell if it's fermenting from airlock activity alone!

Airlocks lie.. mine used to hardly bubble, so I just stick a bung in the grommet hole now

Sounds like it's going well, mate. It should go down to about 1.012 by the time it's finished. Check it in a week, as the last few points sometimes drop slowly with this yeast. As far as no airlock activity, are you sure your FV is airtight? Did you rouse the yeast in the end?

Sounds like it's going well, mate. It should go down to about 1.012 by the time it's finished. Check it in a week, as the last few points sometimes drop slowly with this yeast. As far as no airlock activity, are you sure your FV is airtight? Did you rouse the yeast in the end?

I roused it once on (I think) day two then got bored and left it alone. It isn't airtight, I sprayed star San around the grommet and saw a bubble... Tiny but enough to lower the pressure on the airlock I guess.

Latest posts

Back