Lager than life competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn’t need to be so fancy, just wondering if there was anything on how tables were organised, etc 🙂

Doesn’t need to be so fancy, just wondering if there was anything on how tables were organised, etc 🙂
Not sure if you saw the image below. It’s really about prizes but does show table numbers for styles.

2B44B0E3-1B65-44A6-B0E1-D78505F52D3A.png

Boy, I'm really curious now about what the heck happened to mine, as it only scored a 21... Hrmmmmmmm - Would like that feedback sheet....

Well done Alistair70!

There she is.
Not sure what else I could have done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_185319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_185319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
On the desktop webpage do you have a tick against Mini-BOS?

The winner of your table won the overall BOS at UKNHC so assume it was just a really strong table.

A brilliant score so don't take anything away from that!

The NZ Pils only scored 19!!
I’m sorry, I’ll admit I’m not overly familiar with the style and I was working off a clone recipe. But to my taste, the brew was executed without flaws beyond stylistic transgressions. Again, I’m not familiar enough with the style. But a crystal clear pilsner with no off flavours in my book starts at 30. 😡😡😡

I'm drinking this beer I entered now and I can't quite tell what would make it score so badly. Maybe an issue with that bottle - I was having issues with my capper that day - had a right hard time getting them on the bottles I had, so maybe some oxidisation or something.

I'm drinking this beer I entered now and I can't quite tell what would make it score so badly. Maybe an issue with that bottle - I was having issues with my capper that day - had a right hard time getting them on the bottles I had, so maybe some oxidisation or something.
Jack and I shared some of both our entries with others who were there. They didn’t taste that different to what I’m pouring at home. What I would say is the overall standard of all the beers on offer was outstanding and small flaws really stood out amongst the field.

Back