Lalbrew London yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
On the brew list is a Five points bitter clone. They use White labs London but I've got the above mentioned dry. Packet says 65% attenuation which gives a fg of 1.014. Anyone used this yeast,any problems?
Thanks.

I used it when it was called “ESB” but I believe it was just rebranded when they changed all their packaging last year and it’s the same yeast.

It’s probably the best tasting dry English yeast I’ve used but I found it attenuated quite low (stopped at 1.020 from 1:045ish), I’d add some sugar to your recipe to be on the safe side.

I used it in a brown porter, mashed at 67c, 1.052 down to 1.018 = 66.8% aa, brewfather expected 71%.

Hello all
On the brew list is a Five points bitter clone. They use White labs London but I've got the above mentioned dry. Packet says 65% attenuation which gives a fg of 1.014. Anyone used this yeast,any problems?
Thanks.
I haven't used it now, but I'm just about to. if it sticks at too high a gravity, I'll just add a pack of Nottingham, to dry it out.
Bearing mind what others have said, above, I'll mash at 64C.

I've used the lalbrew London yeast for a porter and experienced the same attenuation issue. Probably worth sticking in some yeast nutrient.

Latest posts

Back