Lowicks syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
Was in Tescos the other day and saw some of this raspberry flavour, thought I would pick some up ti try and make a raspberry TC.. I only got one bottle 400ml so was thinking of maybe doing like a 10Liter TC.

The only thing is I know it is quite concentrated and I don't really want to be brewing like an 8% or anything like that.

So curiously does anyone think it would be okay to dilute this down a little. something like 8L apple juice and maybe make this up with 2L water?? I plan on using a cider yeast wit sweetner as well as my non apple ciders flavoured tend to taste a little too dry compared to things like kopperberg my other half likes from time to time.

Any suggestions welcome

thanks in advanced

using roddy's method,

15l apple juice,
2 1/4 bottles of syrup, strawberry
juice from 3-4 limes
4tsp pectolase
strong black tea 500ml with 5 tea back stewed for a while.

whack it all in the fv, top up to 23l with water.

cider yeast with sweetener( think ebay is the best place to get it) then let ferment.

prime the lot with the left over bottle of syrup that you took the 1/4 out of.

so on this basis you would be looking at about 10l brew, so with about 8l of water and topped up.

The Strawberry one is nice:cheers7:

using roddy's method,

15l apple juice,
2 1/4 bottles of syrup, strawberry
juice from 3-4 limes
4tsp pectolase
strong black tea 500ml with 5 tea back stewed for a while.

whack it all in the fv, top up to 23l with water.

cider yeast with sweetener( think ebay is the best place to get it) then let ferment.

prime the lot with the left over bottle of syrup that you took the 1/4 out of.

so on this basis you would be looking at about 10l brew, so with about 8l of water and topped up.

The Strawberry one is nice:cheers7:

Thanks , I just want to clarify you said 2 x 1/4 bottles of surup, I will have a look at his recipe specifically

I have already got that yeast on order, as I have raspberry I will forgo the limes

Latest posts

Back