Making Wilko Cerveza Kit, advice needed please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootcutboy

Reaction score
I am brewing a Wilko Cerveza lager kit at the moment, it is my first kit I’ve done in my new beer fridge. The instructions say that upon bottling and adding the teaspoon of sugar it should then be left to stand in a “warm place” for 2 days. This is what I find a little vague, can they go back in the beer fridge for these two warming days? and if so what temperature should I set my Inkbird to for this process please? Oh and will the bottles be ok for these two warm days stacked on their side in the beer fridge or should I actually stand them upright please?

Any help would be lovely thanks chaps, I am finding the whole process really interesting. Cheers acheers.

Irrespective of what the instructions have told you, after you are satisfied the primary fermentation has finished (SG readings bottomed out) and ideally nearly clear, bottle and prime, then put bottles in a warm place (say about 18-20*C) for 10 -14 days to fully carb up. Then move to a cold place for a minimum of two weeks before you try the first one.
Bottles should be stored upright so that the yeast can settle. When its time to open keep the bottle as upright as you can as you pour to try to minimise the yeast getting clouded up and then stop just before you get to the yeasty beer at the bottom.

As usual the manufacturers are giving shortcut advice. as Terry says make sure it has had time to fully ferment and the yeast to clean up( this not only helps to clear the beer but helps the yeast to get rid of that unfinished taste with premature bottling). Then follow the advice from Terry .

Latest posts

Back