Malt mill recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do post that photo as I want to look out for that.

If the washer comes out you get a very one sided mill! Not sure how to solve the fault other than my thumb?

IMG_1391.JPG

This looks very similar to the one I got from Malt Miller. Its coming from Hong Kong so not sure if you would be hit with import charges? Worth a punt though...

I think it is below the duty limit, but you would still have to pay VAT on it. It is still cheap with VAT though, although I'd rather buy from a UK supplier just in case there was something wrong with it.

I ended up going for the bulldog one from brewsmarter http://www.brewsmarter.co.uk/bulldog-malt-mill-best-value-adjustable-roller-mill-by-a-mile-plus-malt-bucket-1860-p.asp

I almost went for the 3 roller one from the maltmiller but hate paying the £13 postage, I also like that the 2 rollers on the bulldog are connected and both rotate.

Now to order some malt.... my first brew using it is going to be based on a McEwans champion, I found a few slightly different recipes for it so based it off a mix of these recipes using Brewers friend. Also going to give CrossMyLoof a try for yeast and hops after reading almost all 58 pages of the thread!

Latest posts

Back