Mashing and removal of grain made easy.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emil

Reaction score
I drilled holes in the base of an old turkey boiler pot.Placed the turkey boiler pot inside the Mega brew pot. Drained the wort via the tap on the mega brew pot,then sparged the grain. When done remove the turkey pot with grain inside and feed to the birds.:D

PICT5680.JPG

PICT5681.JPG

PICT5682.JPG

PICT5691.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, what does BIAB stand for?:cheers:

Brew In A Bag.

You mash & boil all in the same vessel and have seen setups like this where a page is put inside and elevated so the grains can drain. You may want to line that pot with a cheap paint strainer bag and keep all the grain in the pot.

very cool setup, how do you like this pot?

Brew In A Bag.

You mash & boil all in the same vessel and have seen setups like this where a page is put inside and elevated so the grains can drain. You may want to line that pot with a cheap paint strainer bag and keep all the grain in the pot.

very cool setup, how do you like this pot?
The mega pot was a great investment ,also I purchased the Edelmetal burner which works great with the Mega pot.:cheers:

The mega pot was a great investment ,also I purchased the Edelmetal burner which works great with the Mega pot.:cheers:

Baller! :cheers:

Any pics of this setup in action? Do you have problems with grains escaping thought the holes?

Baller! :cheers:

Any pics of this setup in action? Do you have problems with grains escaping thought the holes?

Here are some pictures of the Edelmetall burner and Mega pot. I get maybe several tablespoons of grain getting through ,but as you said I could also use a sparge bag inside the turkey pot for extra filtering though I don't bother.:thumb:

42008_b_edit.jpg

edelmetall_brew_burner_a_3.jpg

The feeding the birds comment is an interesting one. I'm planning on moving to AG brewing fully at some point next year, will I be able to feed the spent grain to my chickens?

Back