Mild Recipie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never done it but the Sarah Huges out of GW's book seems to get most peoples thumbs up :thumb:

I prefer lighter milds, but this one is good. :)

The mild my friend brewed to some traditional recipe (y'know, tons of inverted sugar, flaked maize, posh hops and so on) was delicious. Will ask him for details, but the recipe was originally from Ron Pattinson's blog.

graysalchemy said:
Never done it but the Sarah Huges out of GW's book seems to get most peoples thumbs up :thumb:

Yup, thats the one I tried, best drunk 'young' I found, didn't seem to improve with keeping :cheers:

I've just shoved Sarah in the airing cupboard for a couple of weeks to carbonate, she smells wonderful. Hops used were only EKG and Fuggles as in the recipe.

Baz Chaz said:
graysalchemy said:

Yup, thats the one I tried, best drunk 'young' I found, didn't seem to improve with keeping :cheers:

as an afterthought, it was particularly good in casseroles/stews/steak n ale pie :thumb:

I found Coopers Dark Ale ( one can kit ) ideal for mixing with Steak pies and casseroles.....

I want some venison to go with my Elderberry Stout, unfortunately SWMBO doesn't like the thought of venison. :twisted:

I once had a job plucking turkeys...................................

That was a fowl job :lol: :lol:

That was a true story :lol:

I also worked on a shellfish farm that was hard work lifting ropes all day long..........................................

I often pulled a mussel

:lol: :lol:

Baz Chaz said:
graysalchemy said:

I brewed this for my first AG and found it to be at it's best after 6 months :wha: it's a strong mild, mine was 6.2%

If you want a regular mild you won't go wrong by picking a recipe from GW's book. If you feel adventurous you could do a parti gyle and brew a strong beer and make a small beer as well, I've always wanted to do this but never got round to it. Batham's are said to do this with their bitter and mild http://www.bathams.co.uk/our-brews/

Back