Milk Shake IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful with the lactose... I made a coconut type beer with just 7% lactose and it was sickly sweet, to the point where it was undrinkable. I had to boil hop pellets and add it to the keg. Nothing to do with personal preference either.

Looking at yours, just over 5% lactose and 51IBU you'll probably be alright. Always better to go low and then add more if need be. Can't take it out once it's in.

I'm on a roll now. Had a brewdog pulp patriot raspberry milkshake ipa and it was excellent. I could maybe see me making something more like this, its much more balanced than the previous example.

Steady on chaps. Milkshake IPA? I mean to say. Isn't this something for pubescent spotty oiks to cut their teeth on before we wean them off Farley's rusks? Yeah, I had one. I thought it was pop.
And don't start telling me it's about the alcohol. Back in the day, kids had proper undenatured gripe-water and laudanum if we wouldn't shut up skriking.
Now where's my aquavit gone?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back