Naga Munchetty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like watching a bit of BBC Breakfast before leaving for work (mainly for the forecast) i also like to listen to the breaking news apart from when Naga Munchetty is presenting she seems incapable of doing her job without commenting and she recently got into hot water over it for criticising Trump (see below)

Naga Munchetty breached BBC guidelines by criticising President Donald Trump for perceived racism, the corporation's complaints unit has ruled.
In July the BBC presenter took issue with comments made by the US President after he told opponents to "go back" to the "places from which they came".
The BBC said the Breakfast host was entitled to her own views but had gone "beyond what the guidelines allow for".
It said any action taken as a result of the finding would be published later.
A BBC spokeswoman said the corporation's Executive Complaints Unit [ECU] had ruled that "while Ms Munchetty was entitled to give a personal response to the phrase 'go back to your own country' as it was rooted in her own experience, overall her comments went beyond what the guidelines allow for".

It would seem she hasn't learned her lesson and today we read -

Naga Munchetty: BBC Breakfast host sorry for liking flag tweets
TV host Naga Munchetty has apologised for liking "offensive" tweets referencing a flag that appeared in an interview with a government minister.
On Thursday, she and BBC Breakfast co-host Charlie Stayt drew attention to a flag and a picture of the Queen behind Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick.
Ending the interview, Stayt jokingly mentioned the size of his union jack.
Munchetty said she had removed the likes and that they did not "represent the views" of her or the broadcaster.
"I liked tweets today that were offensive in nature about the use of the British flag as a backdrop in a government interview this morning," Munchetty posted on Twitter. "I have since removed these likes."
She added: "This do not represent the views of me or the BBC. I apologise for any offence taken."
The BBC declined to comment. In September, the corporation's incoming director general Tim Davie warned BBC staff about their use of social media.

I wonder if Tim Davie will give her another chance.

One of the most British things I think is being able to take the **** out of ourselves, if laughing at some moron with an oversized Union flag in their office isn't allowed, then cancel culture has gone too far. Down with this sort of thing etc etc.

One of the most British things I think is being able to take the **** out of ourselves, if laughing at some moron with an oversized Union flag in their office isn't allowed, then cancel culture has gone too far. Down with this sort of thing etc etc.
Depends who's doing the mocking really.
When it's coming from condescending sneering people who are the sort of people that can't take a joke themselves it's a bit different

I’m a great believer in freedom if expression. However, I also understand that when you are at your place of work you have to abide by your employer’s rules. Don’t think the BBC allow p***taking of guests by their employees while at work or on social media (I think).

I think her and Charlie on a Saturday morning are great. The only time we really get to watch the news is a Saturday morning when the kids are playing.

I tend to watch a little of the Breakfast show each morning, she can be okay but she also irritates me. I can't stand it when she starts to argue with a guest, typically a politician. I know politicians try to avoid the question and her job is the get them to answer but sometimes I get so annoyed I switch to ITV which will be on the adverts and I won't sit through 5 minutes of adverts when my breakfast only lasts 7 minutes, so i switch back to BBC and its the same, so I try ITV again and it's still on adverts, so then I switch to Al Jazeera which at least recognises there is another world out there but probably something I am not interested in so I give up and go and feed the hens and the wild birds and then have another coffee and browse on the interweb a little. lol

There's a difference between free expression and being over self opinionated because you have a platform to spout on. This is why I have a problem with the BBC who say they are impartial then let presenters get away with comments that are personal to there ideology. I also can not stand to watch the woman and switch off when she is on and that Dan walker is just the same

One thing she does often is announce Carol is here with the weather then goes on to say "I believe its going to rain all day Carol" (or something similar) i bet Carol who has been in the office since 4 a.m doing her preparation wants to rip her head off.

Moaning about the weather is another typically british thing to do. Why do you hate our culture chippy?;)

With regards to the Trump thing, her mistake was saying that Trump is very racist and not Trump said a very racist thing. As only racists say racist things, I thought she was 100% justified in pointing it out.

I completely missed the flag thing, will have to have a look now.

The problem with people like NM and CS is that they are not consistent with their sneering and are selective with their targets. Can anyone seriously imagine either of them being sarcastic about the Welsh or Scottish flag not to mention the EU flag which seems to be the backdrop for some of the SNP? No because the truth is they find the Union flag embarrassing but do not feel awkward about symbols of patriotism with other parties and are comfortable that the dominant Scottish party has Nationalist in its name.

Because it doesn’t have “Nationalist” in its name
Screenshot_20210322-191551_Google.jpg

Apologies and an innocent mistake on my part but for which I might be forgiven in view of the definition of "nationalist" which does not seem a million miles from the general attitude of the SNP.

Latest posts

Back