NEIPA All Grain Kit recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Keg That, his prices seem keen. And a forum sponsor.
I’m just about to place an order from them mate, going for the Neck Oil Clone kit and the Crisp NEIPA kit.

As I’ve just recently acquired my Fermzilla and never had a chance to use it yet i could do with some advice from the good folk on here.

The obvious benefits for the type of brews i will be doing (IPA’s & NEIPA’s) are the closed transfers and eliminating any oxygen, but?

I should mention that the yeasts for these two kits are Lalbrew English Ale & US-05 yeasts.

1 - I could pressure ferment, will that provide any benefits? If so then what?

2 - At what pressure would i ferment?

Last edited:
1. You will be 02 free which is very important for NEIPA. You can transfer up hill to your keg, saves you moving the FV. 55L is heavy! You can serve directly from your keg.

2. I only use a few PSI, 2-3 but I’ve seen people claim the go to 20 plus do have a good volume of carbonation. Personally I would not in these tanks.

Buy the spunding kit and the filter for the end of the silicone float tube. Cold crash every time if you can.

1. You will be 02 free which is very important for NEIPA. You can transfer up hill to your keg, saves you moving the FV. 55L is heavy! You can serve directly from your keg.

2. I only use a few PSI, 2-3 but I’ve seen people claim the go to 20 plus do have a good volume of carbonation. Personally I would not in these tanks.

Buy the spunding kit and the filter for the end of the silicone float tube. Cold crash every time if you can.
Got both of them mate, so just have to wait for my order to arrive from KegThat now and hoping it will arrive before 28th as i have a few days off work then so excited to get a brew on while I’m off work.

My plan is to route the spunding valve outlet into the collection jar which will contain the dry hops, hopefully filling the jar with C02 from the fermentation process.

Got both of them mate, so just have to wait for my order to arrive from KegThat now and hoping it will arrive before 28th as i have a few days off work then so excited to get a brew on while I’m off work.

My plan is to route the spunding valve outlet into the collection jar which will contain the dry hops, hopefully filling the jar with C02 from the fermentation process.
Good idea. So get them in the bong ready and flush the bong while fermenting? Then you can just open up and drop them in...

My bong is on route so will do the same.

Latest posts

Back