No upper temp control - recipe suggestions?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoutWolf

Regular.
Reaction score
I don't have a brew fridge and use a water bath for temp control. So, last year I didn't brew during the summer. It's mostly just me that drinks what I brew and I'm open to trying new styles. Whilst stocks are still healthy, I have a growing number of empty bottles.
So I'm looking to slip in a couple of my mini brews before temperatures drop.
Question is which yeast/recipe to go with?
DSC_1031~2.JPG

I'm leaning towards the Saison, but don't have any pilsner malt. Saison recipe I have uses pilsner... Any suggestions on how to go?
Base malts I have are MO and mild. A fair range of of other malts available in minor quantities.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers acheers.

I would say you could probably get away with subbing in the MO for Pilsner so much of the flavour in a Saison comes from the yeast and they work well at high temperatures.

I don't have a brew fridge and use a water bath for temp control. So, last year I didn't brew during the summer. It's mostly just me that drinks what I brew and I'm open to trying new styles. Whilst stocks are still healthy, I have a growing number of empty bottles.
So I'm looking to slip in a couple of my mini brews before temperatures drop.
Question is which yeast/recipe to go with?
View attachment 52200
I'm leaning towards the Saison, but don't have any pilsner malt. Saison recipe I have uses pilsner... Any suggestions on how to go?
Base malts I have are MO and mild. A fair range of of other malts available in minor quantities.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers acheers.
Saisons used to be different on each farm that brewed it using whatever grains were readily available so you can go with what you have.

Thanks both, I'll be looking to get something on soon using the Saison yeast then.
athumb..

Latest posts

Back