Oaked Vanilla Milk Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerald8_kop

Reaction score
Hey

I've just ordered some medium-roasted american oak chips since I'm yet to have tiptoed down this road and now need a recipe that suits (I like to do things the wrong way round). I've not been brewing long enough to feel comfortable putting my own recipes together but do fancy using some vanilla extract which I've got in the cupboard and soaking the chips in whisky before adding for a weekish. I've got some cacoa nibs and coconut somewhere too if needs be.

Anyone with any suggestions to kick off with? I did see this one on BF but it's been entered wrong (lactose at more than half the grain bill and hasn't been marked as unfermentable. Change this and ABV drops to 2%). Any guesses what his/her recipe SHOULD be? PDF attached or URL below.

Brewfather

:confused.:

Should add that I don't currently have space for ageing / secondary so I have to keep that in mind.

Thanks all

Attachments

• Brewfather_OakedVanillaMilkPorter_20210222.pdf
    113.8 KB · Views: 70
If you have an idea what to do with the chips then grab a standard milk stout recipe and make it your own with.your.own additions...thats what I do. Take a good IPA recipe and make it a double hopped mango IPA for example

Agreed...that lactose looks mental....may as well pour milk in a guiness.

Below is a link to a recipe I intend to make and it sounds like your sort of thing....send me a pint when you're doneclapa

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/180328/bill-s-double-chocolate-milk-stout

Latest posts

Back