PB Taps - dealing with drips (NOT leaks)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevieboy

Landlord.
Reaction score
What do you guys do after drawing a pint to stop the drips from the taps? It's a pain holding a cloth/kitchen roll under the tap to soak up the beer......

Currently have my last malt miller box strategically plaçed on the floor below my two barrels which I move as necessary.
Throwaway and repeat.
Soon I may upgrade to an old margerine
tub !
Not too bothered as it's in the sanctity of my shed so no one else sees it 😄

I used to hang a small plastic cup under the tap using plastic coated wire so it was easy to lift out of the way to pour a brew and replace afterwards.
9CECCAEE-F1F0-44DD-9467-FED812291CAB.jpeg

Nice tap - does it make a difference compared to the normal ones you get with the PB ?

You probably know this,but for those who don't...the resting position of the standard "left to right" tap is critical. It has to be in exactly the 90 degree position. Thinking its best pushing the lever towards the barrel to ",make sure" is wrong!

Just bought one of those Sparkler taps form the home brew shop, and I can't screw it in the PB, its like it is slightly too big. It is a standard PB with standard PB taps. Is there a particular technique ?

UPDATE - It is just my old Hambleton Bard PB it wont fit. the newer ones are fine. So where to get a new tap for my old Hambleton bard PB from ?

Latest posts

Back