New toy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeamer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After many a yellow card about using the kitchen to do BIAB brews I have been given the full red card now, as swmbo says it stinks the kitchen out and I'm getting under her feet. I tried to fight my corner as explain the the all-grain brews were much better than the wilko kits and wilko weren't stocking them anymore. Also if I have to do all the brewing in the bat cave i'll neext some extra kit

The response......"get what you need"

Oh happy days and she even contributed...even better

So now I have a new toy in the bat cave
20230601_190438.jpg

Also bought two AG kits from the Malt Miller...roll on Saturday

Spent the last 2 hours reading the instructions and putting everything together. I'll clean it tomorrow ready for Saturday.

The AG kits came with liquid yeast so this will be the first time for me....fingers crossed

Spent the last 2 hours reading the instructions and putting everything together. I'll clean it tomorrow ready for Saturday.

The AG kits came with liquid yeast so this will be the first time for me....fingers crossed
Liquid yeast, hardcore! I’m contemplating giving up dried completely at the minute. Enjoy the GF, I’m still loving mine 3yrs and over 50 brews in.

After many a yellow card about using the kitchen to do BIAB brews I have been given the full red card now, as swmbo says it stinks the kitchen out and I'm getting under her feet. I tried to fight my corner as explain the the all-grain brews were much better than the wilko kits and wilko weren't stocking them anymore. Also if I have to do all the brewing in the bat cave i'll neext some extra kit

View attachment 86314

Thats the way to do it clapa clapa athumb.. :laugh8:

View attachment 86314

Congratulations on getting a brewing machine, I have a grainfather G30, I bought it in 2019 so it’s an earlier model that doesn’t have all the very latest features but it’s a great piece of kit as too are many other all-In-one systems that are available now that were not when I bought mine. None of them are designed to be fully automatic, which is a good thing, you have to “drive” them through the brew day. Stay in touch with the forums, there’s no such thing as a stupid question, so don’t hold back.enjoy.

I tried ordering a Klarstein but it was out of stock so I got the G30. 6 weeks in and 4 brews later I’m loving it !. No sticky floor and hands from squeezing the bag, Clean up is a doddle.. The grainfather app makes brewday a breeze and my old burco boiler is now my sparge heater.. Enjoy it’s a great bit of kit.
Ps wet the malt pipe before inserting the bottom mash plate to stop the rubber seal from coming off 😉

I tried ordering a Klarstein but it was out of stock so I got the G30. 6 weeks in and 4 brews later I’m loving it !. No sticky floor and hands from squeezing the bag, Clean up is a doddle.. The grainfather app makes brewday a breeze and my old burco boiler is now my sparge heater.. Enjoy it’s a great bit of kit.
Ps wet the malt pipe before inserting the bottom mash plate to stop the rubber seal from coming off 😉
I think the new models have mash plates with rolled steel edges so you don't have the silicone seals at all.

Sweet. I enjoyed brewing but getting a grandfather made it even more of a pleasure and less of a chore. Compared to BIAB, there's pretty much nothing you can't brew.

Make sure you don't put it on a work bench but on the floor instead. You need to be able to lift the heavy grain basket up, ideally without climbing up a ladder!

These women aren't as stupid as you look. Once you convince them they're right you can get away with murder. The words bargain,cheap,second hand and "that old thing?" are also useful.
You are a bad man 😁😁😁 and I could not possibly comment other than to wonder how many people will become a utter pain in the a***, to their partner in the kitchen after this post.

You know what, I'm getting bored of basic brewing... I think I should take up [motor bike restoration/politics/ferret breeding/etc].

They need to know it could always be a lot worse.

Back