Plaato keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no reply from Plaato. I contacted MM and they have an alternative contact email but it’s **** poor service from Plaato.

Still no reply from Plaato. I contacted MM and they have an alternative contact email but it’s **** poor service from Plaato.
They replied pretty quickly when I emailed them a few weeks back. Think I’d emailed them on a Sunday afternoon and they’d replied by Monday morning. Doesn’t help you though.

I'd thought about building some keg scales a while ago but my keg fridge is too small. As a workaround I keep a cheap tally counter (available cheap on eBay) for each keg and count each half pint. So when the counter is getting up towards 64 I know the Corny keg will soon be empty. It works quite well, but of course wouldn't work at a party.

Has anyone used one of these with the ‘old style’ 19l kegs that are wider and shorter than the new one? I use those type and am wondering if these plaato scales work because they seem smaller than the width of the keg.

95B9AF9F-5414-40B0-8FA4-0E3CC57F00AD.jpeg

It’s the only place you can buy the now. Maltmiller sold them but stopped. Maybe a protest against them on Amazon.

Thanks @LeeH, it’s all set up and working. It’s really very accurate when I pour a glass, it knows the exact amount.

The only weird thing is on the history chart is shows lots of blue ‘pour’ bars, even though I haven’t poured, but I don’t get a pour notification or anything, and the ‘last pour’ amount is still the correct one I did. On this chart my only pours were the first and last blue bars which are smaller than the rest. Is this what it’s supposed to look like?

Anyway it doesn’t matter as that chart doesn’t really do anything.

E96636E8-99C5-4D3F-A2E5-2624E2E61224.png
A3B01B2F-93F1-4CE3-8F14-0A79E12C9153.png
E4DE02D4-3487-48D0-93B4-165B11D6DD5D.jpeg

I’ve just got the 2 corny kegs, the 3rd is actually a pressure barrel! No need for a Plaato for that one. The bitter is about to go in that, and then the other 2 are just what I’m brewing next, taplist picks it up from my scheduled batches in Brewfather.

Not getting pour notifications from my 2nd Plaato which is weird, I’ve reached out to support about that.

Latest posts

Back