Protafloc - for all brews?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've even seen them upend the bottle into a tall Weizen glass and let it glug its way out . . . . although I guess that this technique may not be regarded as good practice by all barmen.
That's how Erdinger is served from the bottle in my local, into a tall Erdinger glass. Then roll it to and fro on the bar to liquify the residual foam and pop that in aswell.

It needs the right shape glass though, where the opening of the bottle is a couple of inches from the bottom of the glass, then slowly withdraw the bottle. This acts to mix the sediment with the beer during the pour.

I've tried it at home, it works.

That's how Erdinger is served from the bottle in my local, into a tall Erdinger glass. Then roll it to and fro on the bar to liquify the residual foam and pop that in aswell.

It needs the right shape glass though, where the opening of the bottle is a couple of inches from the bottom of the glass, then slowly withdraw the bottle. This acts to mix the sediment with the beer during the pour.

I've tried it at home, it works.

Just like this:

IMG_2495.JPG

Although I readily accept that it should have 1/2 l of foaming Weizen in it . . . . . but it's a bit early for me yet.

Latest posts

Back