Pump Suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome, don't forget you will need a tap on the output to control flow. I normally run mine on about a third speed.
I’ve got a spare one as it happens. Are the threads NPT or BSP, so I can order up a couple of quick disconnects?

Last edited:
Another small question, bit late as I have bought two pumps, I appreciate you can't run these pumps dry and in a perfect world you wouldn't, but are you likely to do much damage if they run dry for a second or two as gravity primes them.

My pumps are mounted below the tuns and the input pipes are <1.0m long. I suspect these pipes won't fill with the pump off unless I fit a bleed valve but will gravity prime within seconds once the pump is switched on. I am part way through my build so they are not plumbed in yet. I could fit bleed valves but they would be a pain.

Another small question, bit late as I have bought two pumps, I appreciate you can't run these pumps dry and in a perfect world you wouldn't, but are you likely to do much damage if they run dry for a second or two as gravity primes them.

My pumps are mounted below the tuns and the input pipes are <1.0m long. I suspect these pipes won't fill with the pump off unless I fit a bleed valve but will gravity prime within seconds once the pump is switched on. I am part way through my build so they are not plumbed in yet. I could fit bleed valves but they would be a pain.
I don’t have experience of this particular pump but use non-self-priming pumps (see previous post) mounted below kettle and mash tun. I find disconnecting the pump “out” hose at the “non-pump” end allows the pump to prime by gravity. Once the pump is full of liquid I reconnect the hose and turn the pump on. Done.

Your welcome, don't forget you will need a tap on the output to control flow. I normally run mine on about a third speed.
Arrived today from deepest darkest china, looks a decent little pump!

I have recently taken delivery of a Food Grade Magnetic Drive Brew Pump SS304 Head with half inch barbs. Where the barbs screw onto the pump there are no sealing washers and therefore they leak even after tightening with a spanner. Does anyone have such a pump and can they let me know if it came with washers?
Does anyone know where you can buy them?
Thanks.

I have recently taken delivery of a Food Grade Magnetic Drive Brew Pump SS304 Head with half inch barbs. Where the barbs screw onto the pump there are no sealing washers and therefore they leak even after tightening with a spanner. Does anyone have such a pump and can they let me know if it came with washers?
Does anyone know where you can buy them?
Thanks.
PTFE tape?

Back