Recipe wanted please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemorton

Reaction score
I have a bit of spare time today, so fancy doing my second grain brew. I have a few ingredients left from my first brew and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of which of them to use. I prefer lager style or Belgium blonde style drinks, but will give anything a bash. So, ingredients I have are...

about half a kilo of maltz wheat malt
250g of aromatic malt
500g of chateau biscuit malt
1kg maris otter
90g of hallertauter mittelfruh hops

I am going to use the trub from my last brew for the yeast (white labs WLP Trappist Ale Yeast)

Hoping to make about 20l.

Many thanks for any answers, and sorry if I am just talking jibberish, its all still new to me.

You could make a 8L Blonde Beer brew with 1kg Maris Otter, 200g Wheat Malt, 10g Hallertaur for 60 minutes.

I'm new'ish to AG so unsure of how the biscuit Malt and aromotic malt affect the flavours. I think I'd add them in 1-200g as a proportion to the MO. You could possibly get a 10-12L brew this way. You would know better than me as to how these affect flavours.

I'm using the Wort App to get the recipe.

If you bung it all into a 10 litre brew you would get an OG of 1053, with an assumed efficiency of 75%.

Bung about 20g hops in at the start for about 30 IBUs.

It might be excessively malty with all that biscuit and aromatic malt - I think I'd cut the biscuit down and that would drop the OG a bit.

Latest posts

Back