Recommend A Good Session IPA Kit? (Or Similar)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanhead

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Trying to get back into this home brewing malarkey (I tend to do Ciders and Wines). However, my gaffer is about to leave and after ranting and raving about the perks of home brewing, I'd love to get him a Session pale ale kit (it's all he drinks).

Plenty of places have equipment only kits and with my background think I'm OK on that front but I'm going blind on the actual beer kits.

Any recommendations for a session IPA? He says he drinks pale ales, but prefers session pale ales (not IPA's as he finds them too strong).

Any assistance appreciated.

Beanhead

:smile:

Don't think you can wrong with a Cooper's Australian Pale ale one can kit. Great for tweaking as well, dry hop with Cascade, beautiful. 👍

The John Bull IPA was very good. If you do it with just 500g light DME instead of a kilo of sugar/enhancer, then it would make for a cracking session-strength IPA.

I bought the new wilko 1 can ipa today so that will be in the fv by the end of the weekend. Think I'll use 500g light dme and 500g sugar.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I bought the new wilko 1 can ipa today so that will be in the fv by the end of the weekend. Think I'll use 500g light dme and 500g sugar.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Interested to see how wilkos new IPA turns out, keep us all posted.

Thanks so much guys, I saw a great starter kit which came with the American Beers IPA kit and added a 1kg DME pack with it so hoefully that does it!

Beans

Latest posts

Back