Returnee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put my first ever non kit brew into the fermented tonight.
I pick up a starter kit on Ebay which included large pot, fermenter and a grain/extract kit.
The kit contained 378g mallard malts amber ale grains and 2.72kg of gold malt extract.
I followed the instructions, except for the 28g of hop (williamette) additions. Instructions said 60 minute boil. Instead I went for half of them at flame out. Why, don't really know, just having read so much about multiple/late hop additions thought I'd do it.
I now have 23 litres in the fv, waiting on it dropping the last couple of degrees before I pitch the yeast. It's in the cupboard which remains a pretty constant 20c. Probably just wait until the morning to pitch the yeast. Itll stay there until I can get hold of a fridge and set it up in the shed. The shed now has home brew stuff everywhere, just got a hope swmbo doesn't go in any time soon.
In 2 weeks time I plan to put into a king keg bottom tap that I kindly got given, and back in the cupboard itll go. 2 weeks further down the line, it go in the cold shed.
OG was 1.042 at 25c but I'll check it again before pitching the yeast.

Ramble over. Is it 4 weeks yet.t

OG 1040 @ 20c, yeast pitched. Let the magic begin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back