Rip Sir Ken Dodd

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Famous for turning every show into a comedy marathon.

Ken is 82 years old and extraordinarily energetic. Just over an hour ago, he finished a five-hour show. We've been chatting and drinking warm beer ever since and still he's not flagging. (Daily Mail)

hhhhhhhhh.jpg

Last edited:
Yes a true great! My cousin happened on his house many years ago when out cold calling selling insurance. ..he was there for hours while he cracked the funniest but wouldn't buy a policy..

SWMBO and I were lucky enough to go to his show here in Skegness a couple of years ago.

I'm glad to say that he did his Dicky Mint routine and even though I must have watched it a hundred times before the show (and almost as many times since) it is still by far the sketch that has me in tears of laughter!

I swear that if you don't laugh you must already be dead!

When he did "An Audience with Ken Dodd" back in 1994 we were building a cottage and No.1 Son was working with us.

Having only one TV at the time, No.1 Son moaned about having to sit and watch "some old codger telling jokes", but by the end of the evening he had been sick (I mean that quite literally!) with laughing so hard.

RIP Doddy: you will be sorely missed but well remembered for the laughter you gave us.

SWMBO and I were lucky enough to go to his show here in Skegness a couple of years ago.

I'm glad to say that he did his Dicky Mint routine and even though I must have watched it a hundred times before the show (and almost as many times since) it is still by far the sketch that has me in tears of laughter!

I swear that if you don't laugh you must already be dead!

When he did "An Audience with Ken Dodd" back in 1994 we were building a cottage and No.1 Son was working with us.

Having only one TV at the time, No.1 Son moaned about having to sit and watch "some old codger telling jokes", but by the end of the evening he had been sick (I mean that quite literally!) with laughing so hard.

RIP Doddy: you will be sorely missed but well remembered for the laughter you gave us.

Loved that dicky mint vent routine he done on audience with.even now never fails to have me laughing just as the old L&H movies of long ago

Latest posts

Back