Roller coasters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the Big One at Blackpool was bad enough Hyperia is now the tallest coaster in the UK, i would have had a go in my youth but i think my time riding coasters has long past.

Hyperia is a steel hypercoaster located at Thorpe Park in Chertsey, Surrey, England. Manufactured by Mack Rides, the ride reaches a height of 236 feet, opening as the tallest roller coaster in the UK on 24 May 2024. It surpassed the previous record holder, The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, by 23 feet

Last edited:
These are the ones we used to ride you weren't too worried about the height or speed you were more concerned about how rotten the wood was :D

The Grand National and Big Dipper Blackpool

I lived in Blackpool when The Pepsi Max Big One (as it was called) was opened. Around '93-94?
For the first few weeks, they only charged 50p a go.

Never been the biggest fan, although we did do the whole Orlando experience (for the second time) in about 2017 and I went on everything. Was with my 16 year old son (who was 2 the last time we went), so he insisted.

Talking about going next year. I'm not sure I'll bother with those.

I’m a massive fan. I’ve done all the big ones in Florida. Some had a specific queue for the front row. If they didn’t then I kept going again until I got it. Fast Passes essential for that strategy.
Cobra’s Curse in Tampa was the one time a genuinely regretted getting on…for about 5s, then it was awesome.

Last edited:
Scary isn't always the biggest or fastest.
I give you the Margate Dreamland scenic railway in the early 80's. It wasn't high or fast, but it was ancient, made of wood, shook & rattled like it would fall apart at any moment & looked like it had no maintainence since your parents went on it as kids 25 years previous.
So much more terrifying than the new coaster with a loop that they had just installed.

The most scary coaster i went on was Bobs at bellvue Manchester long gone but it was awesome

Looks the business Rod.

1716808030631.png

1716808355888.png

Last edited:
Scary isn't always the biggest or fastest.
I give you the Margate Dreamland scenic railway in the early 80's. It wasn't high or fast, but it was ancient, made of wood, shook & rattled like it would fall apart at any moment & looked like it had no maintainence since your parents went on it as kids 25 years previous.
So much more terrifying than the new coaster with a loop that they had just installed.

Love wooden coasters, the fact the cartridges are sat on the track with nothing to stop them tipping over the rattle and shaking and fear it would break at any moment was the attraction not the height or speed.

1716808621766.png
1716809113559.png

1716811686992.png
1716808816692.png
1716808692373-png.99964

Last edited:
Reactions: jof
Back