Rugby World Cup 2023

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
France thumped Australia 41-17 overnight. I haven't seen any footage but apparently the Aussie scrum went OK.

Latest rankings sort of reflect the world cup chances, although I'd drop Ireland to 3rd...

Screenshot_20230828_103038_Chrome.jpg

3 days to go, most teams have been named (dealing with injury cover).

It's a 7am start here for the opener, pretty excited to see how that'll go. My 14yr old daughter is getting into it and will be my watching buddy, which is cool...

Yes I wonder if the pressure of expectations will affect France and Ireland. Ireland has the benefit of a tough pool so will be battle hardened, with only Romania being an easy game first up, then Tonga, South Africa and Scotland.

France (and NZ) play a couple of minnows in Uruguay and Namibia so could lose momentum, although it gives injured players time to come right.

Pools C and D are hard to pick on recent form. I think Argentina and Australia will top their groups.

Looking fwd to cheering on some smaller teams against more favoured opponents...

NZ captain out in a late change with injury, necessitating quite a few changes. The French loosies are all bigger but possibly less mobile.
Dupont v Smith will be interesting, Smith had a poor game against the boks, and Dupont the best player in the world atm...

Well played France. Thought they were gone just after half time with their forwards puffing and NZ would run away with it. Poor discipline led to huge penalty count against the ABs and France played to their strengths.

Dominated 2nd half. Fully deserved win.

Only one yellow card for accidental contact in the air. Good reffing...

First ever loss in pool games by NZ incidentally.

Can't argue with that, what a statement. Thought when NZ got that try early second half France were struggling to find the gears and NZ looked better with the ball but NZ kept taking Ramos out in the air France stepped out up and dominated that second half. And NZ were missing the tackles.Great game both teams should still be in the quarters though so not sure it will make to much difference.

Remember though South Africa lost at the start of 2019.

Not looking forward to tomorrow think Argentina will win at a canter.

But the rugby is like tonight I think we are in for a good tournament.

What do you think about NZ sifty? I think France have another gear in then tbh.

Well I'm hoping that's the bad games out of their system 😀

Not that it was particularly bad, more using the ball better and discipline. Got some easy games coming which won't help their prep much.

And can see the French taking great belief from this game forward...

Could still be NZ France final, which would be interesting. But some cruel quarters to come...

Latest posts

Back