Saucery - magic rock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
Fave tipple at the moment and available from Tescos. For a sub 4% beer it really packs in flavour. it manages to balance the sweetness and juicyness with a touch a sour that works a treat.

There are a few hints on their website Saucery - Magic Rock Brewing

Anyone tried something inspired by it? I think acid malt balances out the sweetness from golden promise and the English yeast. Also they must use some pre packaging finings as its gluten free and reasonably clear for a beer using oats and London fog it seems.

I'm thinking something like this
4kg Golden promise
200g acid malt
200g oats

IBU 35, ABV 4%
first wort Amarrilo ( 10ibu)
10 - Amarrillo, Mosaic ( 25 ibu)
65c hop stand- 25 Amarillo. 25 Mosaic, 25 Citra and 25 Ekuanot
Dry hop 50g Citra and 50g Ekuanot after two weeks for 2 days in primary before kegging.

yeast London fog or similar.

Has anyone had a go? or at least tried it? feedback most appreciated.

Ok just got round to ordering the ingredients for this. As above but with some carapils thrown in. Great tasting beer and widely available, surely someone else has had a crack at it?

Tesco’s stock it.

Not sure about mashing high. Good call. I know it’s a great way to do session beers but Golden promise is quite sweet and the yeast adds to that so don’t want to overdo it.

I’ve never Acid malt before but as well as getting my ph down I’m thinking it maybe could help counter any excess sweetness.

Also not sure in what order to hop. Their website says citra and eukanot in whirlpool and dry hop, so that leaves Amarillo and mosaic for boil.

Check out the current Brülosophy podcast, all about acid malt. I’m planning a session IPA next, recipe almost finalised. I’ll try to grab a few Saucery to sample first before locking in.

Latest posts

Back