school boy error

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndeye

Reaction score
hi all.just got to my bottling day and everything done and ready to syphon from fv into sfv got auto syphon in bucket then found tube is to small to fit.i sorted a small bit of tube to fit between the pipes but now I've had loads of air bubbles mixed into sfv.carried on bottling anyway.but now the doubts are creeping in

I bet the beer gods are smilling down on you and your beer will be fine..
beer can be very forgiving, the number of errs n slips ive made over the years is way more than the number of bad brews...

if not well dodnt make the same mistake again..

hi all.just got to my bottling day and everything done and ready to syphon from fv into sfv got auto syphon in bucket then found tube is to small to fit.i sorted a small bit of tube to fit between the pipes but now I've had loads of air bubbles mixed into sfv.carried on bottling anyway.but now the doubts are creeping in

Like Fil says, once the beer is brewed, it is going to be pretty resilient.

My guess is that there is nothing to worry about at this stage. if you are planning on keeping it in secodary FV for a few days, you could add maybe 20g of sugar to blow off any air? This is more about superstition than science, BTW, but I would go for it every time!

also dont forget co2 in suspension will be agitated out of suspension from the action of being sucked thru the siphon tube.. i have had lots of beers release co2 durring transfer through a single peice of siphon tube with no breaks or seals, sometimes enough to fill the ubend at the top of the tube...

Latest posts

Back