Scottish National Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm already working on some changes to my lagers, diacetyl rears it's head too often for me even though I do the rests etc. So wel see if they come up with anything else over and above that....

Dropped mine off at royal mail on Wednesday morning, tracked 24, but 48 hours later and still not a single update on the tracker, i'm starting to get cynical now that it'll get there. :mad:

tbf I used them for a few competitions last year and they were good for me, and a bit cheaper than alternatives. But yeah, if this doesn't make it through I'll defo be ditching them and paying a bit more for something more reliable.

Never had an issue with ParcelForce in 8 years of sending beer to comps.

I prefer to log my order online, print off my own label and drop off at my local PF depot directly. Full tracking is available from the moment they scan the parcel at time of drop off.

Never had an issue with ParcelForce in 8 years of sending beer to comps.

I prefer to log my order online, print off my own label and drop off at my local PF depot directly. Full tracking is available from the moment they scan the parcel at time of drop off.
thats exactly what I do.. I have the receive scan at the local delivery office, and nothing more in this case.

tbf I used them for a few competitions last year and they were good for me, and a bit cheaper than alternatives. But yeah, if this doesn't make it through I'll defo be ditching them and paying a bit more for something more reliable.
Might be worth noting that, far as I’m aware, Parcelforce and Royal Mail are the only delivery companies that officially allow you to send liquids/alcohol (despite the the big online beer sellers having contracts with the other couriers - for example Beer Hawk use Yodel).

Dropped mine off at royal mail on Wednesday morning, tracked 24, but 48 hours later and still not a single update on the tracker, i'm starting to get cynical now that it'll get there. :mad:
Hopefully all okay!

I sent mine Royal Mail, 24 tracked yesterday and my beers have been delivered. Only a competition if the beers actually make there, so I hope yours turn up soon!

Best of luck folks!

Slightly surprised but having organised a Royal Mail parcel collection via the app for the first time, and having survived a "I've not got your label" scare from the postie, my beers are away to be weighed and measured by the big boys.

Still no change with my royal mail delivery grr. Gotta make a choice now to give up on royal mail and send another 3 bottles via someone else on a next day and hope they get from milton keynes to scotland on the 24th or just give up and send the same beer into the uk nationals in a few weeks

Still no change with my royal mail delivery grr. Gotta make a choice now to give up on royal mail and send another 3 bottles via someone else on a next day and hope they get from milton keynes to scotland on the 24th or just give up and send the same beer into the uk nationals in a few weeks

Argh hope it all sorts itself out. I posted mine on Thursday 1st class as I worried about it not arriving and it's already shown as received on the website.

Argh hope it all sorts itself out. I posted mine on Thursday 1st class as I worried about it not arriving and it's already shown as received on the website.
I'm all but resigned to the fact that this is lost in royal mails system and will need to file for compensation next week. I shan't be using these guys again in a hurry, which is a shame as they did good for me last year.

The choice i need to make by Monday noon is do i send another litre and half of this beer to the competition and rely on the discretion and good will of the organisers if it arrives a day late, or, savour the best part of the 3 pints myself and send this beer to the UK Nationals where I do a competition slot as well..

F24C373B-F9C7-4588-B5D6-5AC53F80E285.jpeg

They’ve posted the table/category list up

Latest posts

Back