Scottish National Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see mine were received 🥳

@aolcot it might be worth just checking on the competition site if your beers have been marked as received if you haven’t already. Maybe 🤞 it’s just RM’s admin that’s broken.
Whereabouts can you see if your beers were received? I can’t find anything on there about it…

As someone who hasn’t entered one, does that mean APA is the most popular category so probably the hardest to do well in?

Not necessarily. It just means they had enough APA's to create a table with only one style on it...with 201 beers received and 19 tables you would expect an average of 10/11 beers per table. As far as they can, the organisers will try to keep the table sizes roughly balanced (in terms of the number of beers) within the restrictions of trying to put similar styles on the same table.

However, popular styles such as APA's and IPA's may garner enough entries to justify their own table, rather than being combined with other tables. But that on its own doesn't automatically mean that the table will have lots of entries. Though, as has been said...APA's and IPA's are popular styles so its likely that tables 10 and 12 will have more than the average number of entries.

The number of styles on any table does not really indicate how many beers are entered. Look at any of the tables with 5 or 6 style categories....they may have received 3or 4 beers in each of those styles....but as those styles might not necessarily sit easily with other styles they get grouped together on one table...which could mean as many as 20 beers competing against each other.

Latest posts

Back