Sh%tter Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
For the Old folk on the forum (not old as in age but old as in long time on here) :lol:

I threatened this After I had heard of it's epic failure by someone on here, So the time has come.....................................................................................................................

3800.00 gm Pale Malt, Maris Otter
300.00 gm Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L
200.00 gm Wheat, Torrified
50.00 gm Chocolate Malt
40.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (90 min)
35.00 gm Fuggles [4.40 %] (60 min) Hops
100.00 gm Chilli (Steep 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile
Est Original Gravity: 1.041 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 3.98 %
Bitterness: 38.1 IBU
Est Color: 12.1 SRM

Forgot to post this is a open day brew if anyone wants to come say hI your welcome
I shall be brewing this on the 3 or 4 th of april

Vomit.gif

I have been thinking of a chilli beer for sometime... 100g was more than I had considered though - let us know how it turns out...

:grin: I like your style MD

:cheers: CS

I have just bottled up a Youngs Defin. Bitter kit that I was given, I have since heard that they arent brilliant so I am hedging my bets with the taste, thats why I have labelled it........

have fun with it MD :thumb: 100grams seems a lot of chilli though :shock: will you add it to the boil? seeds and all?

fresh chili?

go with it .... chili holds the secret to life, the universe and everything!

:cheers:

Not at those ratios Snail!
But If I can get hold of the Ghost chilli then I may do.
This is the forerunner to my chilli harvest later in the year it may be a house beer!

You grow your own bru?
This year I have growing, Sweet peppers, Caribbean red Hot, Hungarian Black, CCP Naga, And a experimental Black Naga!!!

Yup, I managed to overwinter last years, not sure if it will be of any benifit, Jalapeno or however it's spelt, a chinese plum chilli (model unknown but hot) and firecracker. I just normally save some seeds from the previous year

Latest posts

Back