Simple Bog-Standard Red Wine Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisA

Reaction score
Hello

I know obviously you have to add red grapes or red grape juice to produce it, but in what quantities etc ?

Any Tips etc ?

Thanks Guys :cheers:

Without using good grape juice it is very difficult to make a good red. Many have tried by using supermarket red grape juice, including myself and the results are poor. Richards Red comes close, but the cost of the ingredients make it similar to a medium kit and about the same quality. I have tried many different combinations including concentrate, added bannana for body, but the results, whilst drinkable, don't come close to commercial reds. My conclusion is that a good kit is the only way to get a good full bodied red. But I'm always willing to learn if anyone has found the philosophers stone of red wine.

I've just tasted a batch of Richard's Red I finished a month ago, and it's pretty good. I made it with Merlot Grape Juice,so it wasn't that cheap; but I only like light reds, so it suits me.

Thanks for your replies looks like it will be a kit job for me then lol

Thanks guys :)

Back