Some help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
1.5 kg muntons liquid malt extract
1.?kg MO
.5kg special w ebc 250-300
.5kg chocolate malt
.7kg smoked malt
1 kg peated malt
.5kg pale rye malt
.5kg light DME
Few hundred grams glucose and some brown sugar in the cupboard.

I think I could get 2 brews outa this. What's everyone think? How would you split this?

Hops are saaz, herstzbruker (pellets) and ahtanum cones

RE uploaded here sorry CT but I need some ideas.

Hey Brum,
I'm not sure if you have enough extract / base malt to get two brew out of it. If you used all the LME, MO and DME, you'd only get just over 4% for a 23L batch.

Gone for the liquid and a partial mash using the MO chocolate and smoked. Will add the dme to the boil. 7 litre mash, just sparging with 3 or 4 litres. Boil with hops. Not decided yet. Then pop into fv top up to cool. Haven't calculated it, just guessing

Smells wonderful

IMAG0012.jpg

Oooo I forgot about these things. Good for fresh cones. But not pellets. Few quid each from Amazon.

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Boil done. Resting. Can of liquid heating. Any guesses for OG I always give away a bottle.

Start and final gravity of course.

Was topped up to 21 litres with the liquid malt. Hops were the athan' whatever for 60 mins.

I've not even taken a reading myself yet. So get them estimations in.

OK so I pitched wilko gv ale yeast 36 hours or so ago and no signs of fermentation as of yet. Could that packet be out of date? I didn't check. Can I just dump another packet in when I'm back from my job interview?

Another pack added and moved to the warmest room in the house. I don't want my first brew in a few months to die on me!

Start and final gravity of course.

Was topped up to 21 litres with the liquid malt. Hops were the athan' whatever for 60 mins.

I've not even taken a reading myself yet. So get them estimations in.

mmmm 1046 ?

the Wilko yeast is pretty much bullet proof. I bet its kicked off today.

Back