Sour & Session 2023

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braumeister

Regular.
Reaction score
This competition draws on two distinct themes, sour and session strength beers, with a best in show prize being awarded for each. Our friends at Phantom Brewing Co. will be hosting the brewers of the best sour and the best session beers for a brewday on their shiny 12 BBL kit.

We will be accepting all categories where an abv. below 5% is considered appropriate for style by the 2021 BJCP Beer Style Guidelines and any European Sour Ales (Category 23) or American Wild Ales (Category 28). “Session sours” or sour versions of any session styles are particularly welcome.

The winning session beer should have the judges reaching for another pour and the winning sour brew will be a beer that not only demonstrates complexity in the finish but also begs to be drunk all day long.

Brewers are currently limited to two entries but depending on number of judges and entrants this may be revised.

Judging will take place within Phantom Brewing’s taproom, all are welcome to attend.

Entry open: 1st February – 21 April |Drop-off: 3-21st April | Judging: 29-30th April.

All details, including registration can be found here: https://rab.brewcomp.com

Do you really have to add a PayPal receipt?

Screenshot_20230326_180950_Chrome.jpg

Thought the point of this system was that everything was QR code based.

Yes, this came up after. Don't recall seeing the bit about the receipt in any other comps.
I’d just ignore the point about printing the receipt, you can’t print your bottle labels unless you’ve paid - ergo you don’t need additional proof of payment if you’re able to submit a bottle with a label attached.

Went to bottle my entry for this today and keg kicked after filling one and a half bottles. Whoops.

Luckily have something to substitute, but a good reminder for me to make sure I hold some back!

Went to bottle my entry for this today and keg kicked after filling one and a half bottles. Whoops.

Luckily have something to substitute, but a good reminder for me to make sure I hold some back!

Was too good a beer to hold back then! wink...

I had intended to submit a German lager but my family drank the whole keg in one day 🤷‍♂️ That also put paid to my entry in the forum competition too. Damn!

Never mind, it’s there to be drunk. I did get a couple of other beers off today, luckily you can still edit your entries

😂 Best bitter? I’m not judging in this competition but I did enter a beer - it was 2 firsts for me in 1 beer - a fruit beer and a sour!

Good luck folks! I don’t have a horse in this race this time, but will watch with interest!

Back