Special malts dosage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
… I think Peebee is robust in this theme, anyway it feels like so.
Him? PeeBee? He's a proper idiot. You do not want to be listening to him.

HOY! I heard that!

Moderators! That PeeBee is calling me names again.

Ha. The moderators should sort PeeBee out soon.

Him? PeeBee? He's a proper idiot. You do not want to be listening to him.

HOY! I heard that!

Moderators! That PeeBee is calling me names again.

Ha. The moderators should sort PeeBee out soon.

Okay. Peepee :p

I think we know it now, you are barmy. Understood? Barm? Yeast? Fermenting? Barmy being? Haha :-D

Oh and I am still awaiting an answer in our conversation. Indeed when I am sure, that you don't slaugther me if I come to visit you?

Good luck with your sheeps, sweetheart ♥

… Good luck with your sheeps, sweetheart ♥
Careful. The others reading this can not see what we spoke about in the "private" conversation and might think the wrong things about that comment.

But for anyone wondering: "Yes" we were talking about sheep, and "no" I'm not one of "them"!

(EDIT: Oh aye. While I did worry that a bang on my head might have turned me into a dangerous psychopath, it seems that is not the case … I think?).

Last edited:
It was just jestingly, yes. Somebody are really shepherd, in my opinion it's an honourable job. And yes in my village we have sheeps, so we talk about sheeps yes, because I was curious if it same in his village - I think everyone know the legend or fact(I don't know) that Wales have more sheeps than humans.

To the edit: I don't know. I don't know about your. But I am curious which person are behind. I hope I didn't make too many problems now, with my impish manner.

The "edit" was a reply to your comment:
… when I am sure, that you don't slaugther me ...
I couldn't be more sure than that. Sorry. I could give you the address to contact my Psychologist if you are worried!

Anyway … we have gone well off subject. Back to beer! There was a couple of remarks early on in this thread about the manner in which traditional British beer is served which suggested home-brewed "cask conditioned" beer would be near impossible (the beer would go off before it could all be drunk).

I thought about this for a long time and, over many weeks, developed this explanation and possible solution (it is how I serve most of my beer now): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwzEv5tRM-5EQUhZbDNPdmV1bWc

It will test your translating skills!

Back to nonsense: I was intrigued by my earlier comment:
… and "no" I'm not one of "them"! ...
What could I mean by "them"? So I waste some more time and found: "Zoophiles". (I guess lots of people cannot resist the urge and are busy looking this up now).

Peebee, what do you think about the beer of Llangollen brewery? That's in your region yes? So I don't like to masty and strong beer. Andmans Broadside is an example which I don't like. But with water added it's okay! I like Ordinary Bitters under 3.8ABV very much. Somebody think really thin beers are bad beers. I don't think so! The specific gravity isn't a criteria about the quality. In germany has the most beer the same strength(1.044-1.053OG). And taste mostly similar. We haven't the choice in germany as britains has in britain :-( So I have to brew my self "real ale"! I would like to emigrate.

Translating skills? It's in english, not welsh.

What could I mean by "them"? So I waste some more time and found: "Zoophiles". (I guess lots of people cannot resist the urge and are busy looking this up now).

Why do you mention it? I knew what you mean with "them". No back to nonsense if I get trouble due to my funny casual, but everytime well-intentioned manner.

Peebee, what do you think about the beer of Llangollen brewery? That's in your region yes? So I don't like to masty and strong beer. Andmans Broadside is an example which I don't like. But with water added it's okay! I like Ordinary Bitters under 3.8ABV very much. Somebody think really thin beers are bad beers. I don't think so! The specific gravity isn't a criteria about the quality. In germany has the most beer the same strength(1.044-1.053OG). And taste mostly similar. We haven't the choice in germany as britains has in britain :-( So I have to brew my self "real ale"! I would like to emigrate.

Translating skills? It's in english, not welsh.

Why do you mention it? I knew what you mean with "them". No back to nonsense if I get trouble due to my funny casual, but everytime well-intentioned manner.
That brewery is only 10-12 miles away (16-19Km), but I've yet to visit it. The beer is okay (I like the "Welsh Black" best) but not exceptional to me. Quite a few Pubs in Llangollen too. There are quite a number of new breweries springing up here about. "Heavy Industry" at Henllan (very much the new American styled "craft beer" type beers), there is Bragdy over at Conwy and Purple Moose at Porthmadog (Purple Moose has been going a few years now, same bunch as at Conwy, and at Llanrwst - The Bragdy banner is appearing all over). And others about. Not found one I'd describe as "exceptional", but happy to have them about. And the area they are in is "exceptional"! No really old breweries up here (I do not count the Wrexham Lager brewery sick...).

My article is in English. It doesn't take much imagination to twist the recommendations to serve moderately carbonated beer from hand-pump, like much of the "Heavy Industry" hand-pumped beer seems to be. I do not know why people do it, but they do. Even this unfortunate development is better than the highly carbonated keg swill we used to have (the British could not make acceptable highly carbonated beer like you continentals could, but there was plenty of fizzy swill available on the continent too).

And lastly: About "them". I wrote that because there are lots of people reading this, not just you and me, so I was writing it for them. In case there are any that still do not get it, I also found this (we were talking about sheep not pigs, but I do not think this leaves much to the imagination): Warning, written language on link is not good so don't click it if easily offended! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vase_de_Noces

(EDIT: Actually I'm not easily offended, but I've read too much of that link above and it is giving me nightmares - or will be giving me nightmares when it is night-time).

Last edited:
Oh yes... I move the hop additions too...

60 mins Fuggles 0.5 oz
45 mins Goldings 0.5 oz
30 mins Goldings 0.25 oz (stays the same)

Edit to add... A few times I've subbed the Fuggles for bramling cross...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back