spine damage,mobility scooter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish

Reaction score
hi guys.

its been a while since ive been around these parts. hope your all well.
so yesterday i got my mobility scooter.
i woke up and heard clunking and fussing down stairs , when i got down i seen that my wife had went and bought one. its second hand but in great condition.

ive had spine damage for the last couple of years and spend a lot of time lay on the bed due to pain while trying to get about so forget about going to the shops of out with my wife for a meal. well we did last night, we had a great time out.

im 33 and was miserable stuck in the house so much.

ive no particular reason for writing this ,i guess im just in a great mood and happy and like to share nice things with people.

hope you all have a nice day.

I'm just like you can not do to much due to ill health got the mobility scooter wife pushes me in the wheelchair when we go out around the shops
I still can drive the car and walk small distances
I'm in the last stage of COPD
but at the end of the day I still can do must things I like to do
there are some people worse off than I am
so I sit back have a beer or two and think well I'm 66 got a good wife and family around me
and that will do for me

Thanks for keeping in touch.
My friend and neighbour has emphysema and uses a scooter to get out and about in the fresh air.
He's just bought another one which he couldn't stop talking about when I met up with him the other day.
I hope you find yours as uplifting as his has turned out to be. I'm sure it will. :thumb:

hi guys.

i woke up and heard clunking and fussing down stairs , when i got down i seen that my wife had went and bought one. its second hand but in great condition.

ive had spine damage for the last couple of years and spend a lot of time lay on the bed due to pain while trying to get about so forget about going to the shops of out with my wife for a meal. well we did last night, we had a great time out.

ive no particular reason for writing this ,i guess im just in a great mood and happy and like to share nice things with people.

M8 I know how it's like pal.
I've got a scooter, second hand but does me getting just local.
I manage to get on feet after 7 months in hospitals.
Mobility, getting around is the lease of life tbh!
Can they do owt for your back? If u don't mind asking.
I miss my both hands to do things...but I'm alife and that's all that matters...and my hobby of course lol
Take care pal.

so glad you can get about now so enjoy each day m8
but it look like you got a good caring loving wife like me
I don't know what I do without my scooter it's a lifesaver
I have a hoist fitted in the back of the car so I can take it with me wherever I go
also my local Tesco as mobility scooter I can use as do sainsburys but you got to book there's
so there that to think about if you want to go shopping with your wife
so I wish you all the best m8
take care

hi guys.

good for you!

Hey guys , wow thanks for all your replies its really been great reading them. Just got lay onto my bed now, put on a movie... Been out and about today, bit tired from it to be honest, been so long.

Hope you all have a really enjoyable weekend .

it d get a bit tiring when you start to get about even if it is only on a scooter
take it easy m8 hope you also have a grate weekend

Sounds like your wife is a keeper!
Great that you're enjoying your new set of wheels. It's amazing how fresh air can change your perspective. :thumb:

M8 I know how it's like pal.
I've got a scooter, second hand but does me getting just local.
I manage to get on feet after 7 months in hospitals.
Mobility, getting around is the lease of life tbh!
Can they do owt for your back? If u don't mind asking.
I miss my both hands to do things...but I'm alife and that's all that matters...and my hobby of course lol
Take care pal.

Yeah they can do an operation, but when he listed the possible risks and statistics I decided its not worth it.
I was never much into playing football or bungee jumping anyway ha !

I've limited mobility in the house, legs work but with pain when they do. With my wheels now I can get around all over the place. We went and seen trains today which was awesome... In the wheelchair though but it was another surprise my wife had for me.

The future feels like it will be bright so I'm happy.

You have yourself a lovely weekend my friend. Thanks for your reply

I've always wondered if you can do tricks on those scooters :lol:

Keep rollin' Irish! :thumb:

if you can I have not learned any will have a look on youtube there bound to be something on there

not me but just found this

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_RD1qPsUc[/ame]

Back