Spraymalt or Enhancer for kit goodness

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Just wondered what the general concensus is regarding improving kits.
Have been brewing kits for a while and normally added a muntons beer enhancer bag as standard.
Would I get a better effect if I just added a bag of spraymalt instead?
I am looking at playing with a caxtons Real Ale.
What are your thoughts?

I myself don't like using sugar in bulk in beer and enhancer is expensive sugar with dme in it . Now if your are brewing ales then a little extra maltyness that you would gain from dme is the way forward .

I usually use all spraymalt but sometimes with a lighter beer style ill use brew enhancer, the enhancer my lhbs stocks is around half dme though so its higher in dme than most.

reducing volume from 23L to 20L is a great way to add head, body and abv too. basically has the same effect as adding more beer enhancer. enhancer is good because too much DME (1kg+) will decrease the relative bitterness, whereas enhancer won't affect the body hardly at all, leaving you to boost it as high as you like while still having the same hop flavour.

you can also add hops and speciality malts if you want. boil hops up or dry hop. steep malts in 66c water for 30 mins (thereabouts, steeping is easy) and see what you think. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back