St. Peters, India Pale Ale - Is this on track to deliver?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRTurner1234

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is my brewlog for my current brew which is the St. Peters, India Pale Ale 2 can kit:

24 April - Brew day. Pitched yeast @ 24C. Set thermostatic controller to 19C. Brewing, including cleanup took 1 hour 20 mins. OG: .1049
29 April - Bubble from the airlock every 45 seconds. Fermentation temperature fluctuating between 18.8 and 20.3
6 May - Gravity: .1021

So it's been fermenting for 12 days now and has not got as low a gravity as I expected. I don't reckon it's ready for bottling but would like advice.

Is this simply a case of it needs to ferment for longer?

Thanks

JRT

I would definatley leave it longer 1021 is too high I would check again in a few days.If its the same sanitise your brew spoon/ paddle and give it a very gentle stir and try gently lifting some trub from the bottom and possibly raise the temp a little.

Hi How did the St Peters India pale Ale turn out?
I'm planning to do mine on Monday.

I`ve just brewed a St Peter`s Pale Ale. Bottled it two weeks ago.

Some gorgeous fresh hop flavours at bottling, clear, and a good colour...undrinkable due to an unpleasant lingering bitterness.

Tried a bottle the other night, even though still so young, and the fresh flavours have receded, but the bitterness seems to go on and on far too long!

I know most of this bitterness will fade, but think it`s going to be a good few weeks before this one hits it`s sweet spot.

Mine turned out perfect after two weeks in bottle,malty hoppy loveliness.

Checked my book and when I did this kit it stuck at 1.015, like many Muntons kits. Stir and heat added it finished at 1.010.

This after 2 months in a bottle is a fantastic drink, one of the best kits I have done

Attachments

• 20201228_155317.jpg
    20201228_155317.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back