Statistically, alcohol is good for you

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
Good news. According to QI, drinking between 21 and 30 units of alcohol per week gives you the best life expectancy :mrgreen:

For a drinker to have the same life expectancy as a tee totaller you would need to drink 60 units a week :shock:

Drink up! :drink:

Reminds me of the Buffalo Theory:

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Moley said:

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll remember that next time I'm in the pub

Moley said:

F*ck me... I'm a genius!

evanvine said:
Just remember, worms can't live in the presence of alchol, so feed your pets booze as well!

Had a German shepherd once who loved Guinness.
On the down side my father in law is a member of mensa is also an alcoholic

Moley said:

Unfortunately, another fact I got from QI is that alcohol doesn't kill braincells :evil:

Back