Strawberry Ribena Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might find that it takes a long time to ferment out. Mine was put on to brew at room temp in November and airlock activity only finally stopped in March...I just figured it was because it was a 4 gallon brew and I didn't have a belt or anything to regulate the temp!! It started at 1.110 and finished at 0.994 so it's just over 15.7% and my god what a kick it gives you!! I will def be adjusting the sugar levels next time to aim for approx 12% :D

Transferred it last night, took nearly an hour and a half including the clean up, anyone know how long it is likley to take to clear? Want to get it in bottles now :)

Was down to 1.100 from whatever insane amount it started at, no bubbles at all in the FV.

it was completely stopped from what I could tell, no bubbles as mentioned and since I was away at the weekend I pressed down on the FV lid to make the bubbler liquid level move over to the "wrong" side on friday and it had not moved when I got home on sunday?

Have you tasted the sweetness of it? , I thought my Ribena wine had finished 10 days ago,but still tasted very sweet so I added some more yeast and it's carried on fermenting ever since.

Is it me or does the 8kg of sugar seem wrong? From my calculations, theres 1090g of sugar in the strawberry ribena (2 litres) already. I'm guessing that I need to add about 4-4.3kg of sugar to get a decent % end result. I'm basing this on no other experience other than making a WOW which uses 5 litres of grape juice and 5 litres of orange (around 1360g of sugar) plus 4 kg of sugar.

Any thoughts?

I'm making this now and unless anyone confirms one way or another, I'll make this based on my assumptions but will not fill the vessel just in case I need to add another 4kg of sugary water.

Latest posts

Back