Suggestions for a newbie!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wazzaowl

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance.

So I'm a newbie to brewing, only done 2 brews from off the shelf kits. However I want to experiment a little. I'm looking to do a really hoppy IPA, possibly something like punk ipa or at least something like fullers Bengal lancer!

Could somebody suggest a recipe please? I don't have the equipment to do an all grain yet so if you could suggest a recipe that involves modifying an off the shelf kit that'd be perfect.

Thanks
Rich

Get yourself a nice cheap Pale Ale kit like the Simply Pale Ale. Usually around £10, but I have picked up 4 for £7.99 each from Home Brew Online.

Then get onto The Malt Miller online and order several 100 gm vacuum packs of your favourite aromatic hops (Cascade? Centenniel? Willamette? Amarillo?).

Do the kit with 1kg of brew enhancer and 500 gms of light spray malt.

10 days in, hop the hell out of it! Did it in Wednesday. Kit decently hopped to start with then 20 gms Cascade, 20 gms Centenniel and 20 gms left overs from a Youngs Craft AAA kit!

Bottling tomorrow - smells niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :-D

Done this before - can't believe how good it comes out for around 40p per bottle!!!! Amazing!

Back