The Beer World Cup Final!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBF Beer World Cup Final

• Rochefort 10

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Westmalle Dubbel

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here we are. 32 beers later and after the crucible that is the Home Brew Forum we have the two last beers standing.

So in an "all Belgian" final we have Rochefort 10 Vs Westmalle Dubbel

upload_2018-12-22_21-47-25.jpeg
upload_2018-12-22_21-47-45.jpeg

Voting closes at 9.45pm on boxing day.

Vote for your champion beer of 2018!!

I've had Westmalle Dubbel many times but not the Rochefort.

I was just out at The House of Trembling Madness and they had a bottle, so I grabbed it to try again...

IMG_20181222_230607.jpg

Last edited:
Had the Dubbel before and it's a very good beer, but I had a Rochefort last night and it is an awesome beer. Not the sort of beer I'd usually buy but I will be getting again. Definitely not sessionable though:D

I don't think this'll be too close. The Westmalle is a nice beer but I think it was fortunate to get this far and it can't really stand toe to toe with the Rochefort.

Both are great, Rochefort is possibly my favourite Belgian beer though.

Rochefort is the better beer and it’s not all that close. But Westmalle is still an excellent beer and most importantly it’s widely available at very good prices and for that reason I love it. Voted for Rochefort though!

Rochefort is a more sofisticated brew, and if people prefer that: okay.
But Westmalle is more my style.

And the Rochefort had trub, something I do not want when I don't expect it.

Westmalle wins in the end for me.

And the Rochefort had trub, something I do not want when I don't expect it.
If the bottle truly contained trub, you should contact the brewery with full details as that is unforgivable. A normal sediment is compulsory and should be poured into the glass for both of these Belgian beers. The quantity and flavour of the sediment should be taken into account when assessing the beer.

I was somewhat shocked when I came to Belgium that the bartenders took such great pain to pour the beer cleanly and then gave the bottle a swirl and poured out all the sediment.

If the bottle truly contained trub, you should contact the brewery with full details as that is unforgivable. A normal sediment is compulsory and should be poured into the glass for both of these Belgian beers. The quantity and flavour of the sediment should be taken into account when assessing the beer.

I was somewhat shocked when I came to Belgium that the bartenders took such great pain to pour the beer cleanly and then gave the bottle a swirl and poured out all the sediment.

It also came throthing slowly by itself out of the bottle so I guess it was bad all the way. *shrugs* I did get a decent taste though.

Back