THE BEST ELEMENT FOR THE JOB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only real issue I see with them is the thermal cutout, generally kicks in in the 90s. Another option could be something along the lines of a frier element.

Fryer element seems very difficult to fit, my skills aren't that good :)

Did just spot this beauty with built in thermostat for 14.50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221417569925?redirect=mobile

Why d'you want a built-in 'stat geez? They're designed to stop water in a domestic hot water cylinder from boiling. Immersion heater elements are used by many homebrewers who have the skills to bypass the 'stat, and the tools to make the huge (64mm, I recall) opening they need. Not meeting either requirement, I found the Unifit/Allspares element a better option to get 3kw into a HLT or boiler.

Should also point-out that a 3kw element will produce a powerful boil. What size pot/brewlength do you plan?

Cheers,
Chris

Well that sounds perfectly logical. Looking on getting a 50l pot to do no sparge BIAB (so 26l'ish boil). Also realising the bigger the hole, the poorer the seal due to the curvature of the pot. Think it'll be the 2.4kw standard kettle elements with IEC cabling after all :whistle:

Well that sounds perfectly logical. Looking on getting a 50l pot to do no sparge BIAB (so 26l'ish boil). Also realising the bigger the hole, the poorer the seal due to the curvature of the pot. Think it'll be the 2.4kw standard kettle elements with IEC cabling after all :whistle:

That sounds about right for 26 litres m8 - good luck with the build!

Cheers,
Chris

Back