The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As most members will know by now i have been taking vitamin D since i watched his first video on the subject, what i do not understand is if a highly regarded professor agrees with whet this guy is saying why haven't we been told to take it by the government.
What dose? Is it definitely D3?

Looking at the buses today was a bit odd. Some were absolutely packed and others were completely empty and this was in exactly the same location. There didnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it

PRC_151569017.jpg

A lot of the people in that photo look like builders, scaffolders etc. On the way in to work today I saw a lot of these self employed trades men/white van man types about on the roads than last week

Just checked the butchers bill for today, 494 dead and +3,000 infected. The numbers were around the same yesterday. 'Get back to work' day today and there were a lot of tradesmen/white van men about. Think there may well be a second wave in a few weeks time

I've started taking Vit D too. I've got some of the spray in ya gob stuff. It's D3. I spend about half the year in shorts and a T-shirt out and about but I still think taking some Vit D will do me good. Cant do any harm and its cheap, £6 for about 2 months worth

25mg - 2 x Vitamin D tablets and my multivitamin contains 5 mg.

Yes its D3 see below.

Its showing out of stock on the boots site looks like i got in before the panic buyers this time. :laugh8:

We got ours from the shop in town not online.

1589391057053.png

Product details

Vitamin D 10 µg Food Supplement, 90 Tablets

What does it do?

Vitamin D3, is the most bio-available form of Vitamin D and is produced naturally by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight. During the autumn months, you need to get Vitamin D from diet or supplements because the sun isn’t strong enough for your body to naturally produce it. Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of the normal bones, muscles and teeth and supports the normal function of the immune system.

Free from:
Free From Artificial Colours, Flavours and Preservatives. Lactose Free.

Suitable for Vegetarians
Suitable for
Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over
How to use
Take 1 tablet a day with plenty of liquid.

Do not exceed the daily dose.

Last edited:
Looking at the buses today was a bit odd. Some were absolutely packed and others were completely empty and this was in exactly the same location. There didnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it

Someone may have got on and had a coughing fit. :laugh8:

Just checked the butchers bill for today, 494 dead and +3,000 infected. The numbers were around the same yesterday. 'Get back to work' day today and there were a lot of tradesmen/white van men about. Think there may well be a second wave in a few weeks time

The roads round here were not as bad as i predicted earlier but it wasn't particularly warm today, i bet it'll be heaving at the weekend.

Not the best end to your first day out of lockdown. :rolleyes:

Lancs Road Police
@LancsRoadPol

The owner of this car in Blackpool had driven to the promenade to look out over the sea with their family. Unfortunately when spoken with by police they provided a positive roadside drug wipe for cannabis & cocaine. Driver arrested. #T2TacOps. #T2IR. #MN44. #WA48.

1589391939997.png

I was talking to Mrs MQ about population density and C-19 cases. Comparing borough cases where I live (Southwark) and where I work (Kingston upon Thames) theres a huge difference.

There are 1,238 confirmed cases in Southwark, out of a local population of 317,256

In Southwark there were 201 coronavirus-related deaths up to the 1 May. In this area 42% of all deaths involved coronavirus between 29 Feb and 1 May

There are 490 confirmed cases in Kingston upon Thames, out of a local population of 175,470

In Kingston upon Thames there were 96 coronavirus-related deaths up to the 1 May. In this area 27% of all deaths involved coronavirus between 29 Feb and 1 May

Note the population density and percentage of all deaths involving C-19. 42% where I live vs 27% where I work. Because of this I dont go out and about where I live apart from to ASDA

(If you want to find the figures for your own council/borough How many confirmed cases are there in your area? and scroll down the page till you get to, 'How many cases & deaths in your area')

Barrow in Furness is the next town to us (8 miles away) this was a worrying headline.

Barrow-in-Furness has fewer visitors than the nearby Lake District, yet has one of the worst death rates outside London

It is one of the remotest towns in England, situated on a windy peninsula a 45-minute drive from the nearest motorway and receives a fraction of the visitors of the nearby Lake District. Yet Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria has the highest coronavirus infection rate in the UK.

According to the latest government figures, 552 people in Barrow have so far been infected with Covid-19, a rate of 882.2 for every 100,000 people. To put that into context, the English average is 244.5 for every 100,000; Scotland’s is 250.6; Wales’ is 365.4 and Northern Ireland’s 220.5.

Sixty-one Barrovians had died from Covid-19 by 1 May, including Simon Guest, a much-loved radiographer at Furness general hospital. It is a lot in a town of 67,000 people, giving it a death rate of 91 for every 100,000, one of the worst outside of London.

“It is a big worry, especially with the lockdown being released on Wednesday,” said Lee Roberts, deputy leader of Barrow borough council, who complains he has not seen any data analysis looking into the figures.

The first person to die from Covid-19 in Barrow attended a house party in the town where at least five other people were infected, according to one expert familiar with the local infection pattern. The party took place before lockdown on 23 March and there is no suggestion the host or any guests were being reckless.

Quite how everyone else in Barrow got infected is not yet clear, according to Colin Cox, the director of public health for Cumbria. He said the high infection rate could in part be explained by the fact more people in Barrow have been tested than in other places.

“The rate of testing in Barrow has been two to three times higher than in many other parts of the north-west, so that will explain a fair chunk of it, but I don’t think it will explain all of it,” said Cox.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...est-covid-19-infection-rate-barrow-in-furness

Barrow in Furness is the next town to us (8 miles away) this was a worrying headline.

Barrow-in-Furness has fewer visitors than the nearby Lake District, yet has one of the worst death rates outside London

It is one of the remotest towns in England, situated on a windy peninsula a 45-minute drive from the nearest motorway and receives a fraction of the visitors of the nearby Lake District. Yet Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria has the highest coronavirus infection rate in the UK.

According to the latest government figures, 552 people in Barrow have so far been infected with Covid-19, a rate of 882.2 for every 100,000 people. To put that into context, the English average is 244.5 for every 100,000; Scotland’s is 250.6; Wales’ is 365.4 and Northern Ireland’s 220.5.

Sixty-one Barrovians had died from Covid-19 by 1 May, including Simon Guest, a much-loved radiographer at Furness general hospital. It is a lot in a town of 67,000 people, giving it a death rate of 91 for every 100,000, one of the worst outside of London.

“It is a big worry, especially with the lockdown being released on Wednesday,” said Lee Roberts, deputy leader of Barrow borough council, who complains he has not seen any data analysis looking into the figures.

The first person to die from Covid-19 in Barrow attended a house party in the town where at least five other people were infected, according to one expert familiar with the local infection pattern. The party took place before lockdown on 23 March and there is no suggestion the host or any guests were being reckless.

Quite how everyone else in Barrow got infected is not yet clear, according to Colin Cox, the director of public health for Cumbria. He said the high infection rate could in part be explained by the fact more people in Barrow have been tested than in other places.

“The rate of testing in Barrow has been two to three times higher than in many other parts of the north-west, so that will explain a fair chunk of it, but I don’t think it will explain all of it,” said Cox.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...est-covid-19-infection-rate-barrow-in-furness

I was reading about BiF yesterday. I wonder why they've got such a high infection rate considering it's so remote. What's it like there, chippy? Lot's of second homers from London?

Altnagelvin hospital is directly behind me and they have been working lately but whilst out in the garden yesterday I stood and watched a foreman, labourer and a telescopic driver standing chatting to one another like it was just another day. Their material yard is behind me and I couldn't believe it but again its the invincibles..

Altnagelvin hospital is directly behind me and they have been working lately but whilst out in the garden yesterday I stood and watched a foreman, labourer and a telescopic driver standing chatting to one another like it was just another day. Their material yard is behind me and I couldn't believe it but again its the invincibles..

I see this kind of thing all the time with tradesmen/builders. I think it's because during a working day many of them have no option but to be closer than 2m to one another. So the times when we see them chatting to one another close together they've probably been forced close to one another several times already so one more time wont make any difference

I see this kind of thing all the time with tradesmen/builders. I think it's because during a working day many of them have no option but to be closer than 2m to one another. So the times when we see them chatting to one another close together they've probably been forced close to one another several times already so one more time wont make any difference
I could hear them chatting 10m away!!!

But EVERY time they get close increases the risk!

Actually that's true isnt it. It's easy to THINK, 'one more time wont make any difference' though isnt it?

I was thinking about this this morning when I went past some scaffolders taking some scaffolding off a house. There was three of them loading their scaffolding lorry up. The cab of the lorry had room for all three of them. They obviously had gotten to the house all bunched up next to each other in the lorry's cab. With no way they could socially distance

Back