The Electric Brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bloody hell! keep this post hidden! who could possibly not be inspired to go dark side after looking at that much shiny!

We used to call this "construction with the aid of a cheque book"!

A second example of using the HLT as a HERMS, although I have not read enough of the article to understand the control loop.
However, this time there seem to be no control valves - must do done by the pump on/off?
It does state that the recirculating wort reaches the temperature of the HLT liquor, so maybe you can get away with killing the enzymes at that rate??

unclepumble said:
That looks like someone taking their hobby too seriously.

Very very nice shiny though :thumb:

UP

I think you are right but i'm sure someone here may come close to that though :hmm: :hmm:

One question though does he brew better beer, probably more consistent brews but IMO that's half the fun not knowing how it will turn out.

:cheers:

simonranson said:
Just been having a browse of the internet looking at PID info.

About two hours ago I found this http://www.theelectricbrewery.com, and I've been reading it ever since. Pretty amazing setup, and some helpful info there...

Simon

Just when you thought you had built your setup nicely around your requirements then you see something like this and it makes you want to order stuff again! :drink:

Blimey.........don't wonder he has a 'Donate' button at the top left
of his home page !!!
:lol:

If I was to add up all I've spent on my breweries over the years I would not like to think about the total . . . suffice it to say I don't think it would be all that far off his total . . .and it doesn't look that good

Aleman said:
and it doesn't look that good

Fighting talk Aleman :lol: :lol:

You did say you had probably spent a similar amount on "breweries over the years" implying that you have obviously made a lot of modifications and re builds, so that's not so bad. He will probably spend that again in a few years on the subsequent modifications and re builds.

AG

graysalchemy said:
Aleman said:

You did say you had probably spent a similar amount on "breweries over the years" implying that you have obviously made a lot of modifications and re builds, so that's not so bad. He will probably spend that again in a few years on the subsequent modifications and re builds.

AG
I think Tony was referring to his brewery not the electric one :wha: .

I think I'm in the region of around £1600 so far

Up

unclepumble said:
graysalchemy said:
Aleman said:

AG
I think Tony was referring to his brewery not the electric one :wha: .

I think I'm in the region of around £1600 so far

Up

Thats what I was meaning UP, Tony's spend may be that but it is spread over a number of builds and a number of years. The electric brewery will eventually cost more no doubt with modifications and rebuilds in time, so Tony's build cost doesn't look that bad if you take that in to account.

:cheers:

Who cares how much it costs, everybody spends what they can afford on their brewery's. This guy knows his electrics and has built a nice simple to use control panel, with all the safety needs built into it. I like it and If I had a fixed placement Brewery that would be something I would build myself, all apart from the size he's got 20 gal Might as well gone for the 55's.
I'd still make a hydrator for mashing in, and make the whole system CIP, with self draining domed vessels.

Not only does he have the brewery but the bar to go with it.

bar.jpg

Back