The Homemade Pizza Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will have a look at the french bread setting and see what the timer says

Cheers Tom
Just had a look. The manual doesn't give a breakdown of the program timings but the French setting is 25 mins longer than the standard white loaf 225 mins Vs 200 mins. I'd have to watch the program cycle to see where the difference is. I'll go with the simple start of the basic dough mix for my first time. Follow the supplied instructions first then fiddle around with stuff 👍

Cheers Tom

French dough cycle on my Panasonic is 3.5 hours vs 45 mins for the pizza dough, but it's no extra effort - and the longer, slower overnight second ferment in the fridge improves the dough too.

Are you ready to be underwhelmed?

Plain cheese and tomato

IMG_20240228_180854.jpg

Cheese, tomato and Cajun chicken

IMG_20240228_181037.jpg

Both were tasty but some fine tuning is required. Both needed longer in the oven (bases were softer than hoped) but certainly a good start 😁

Cheers Tom

Nowt wrong there!
Base of the one on the silver tray was a little under cooked. The one on the mesh, while cooked would have been better for a bit longer in the oven. As all parties were quite hungry they were eaten as they were. Next effort will be on a higher heat and for longer.
Every day is a school day so they say

Cheers Tom

Are you ready to be underwhelmed?

Plain cheese and tomato

View attachment 96281

Cheese, tomato and Cajun chicken

View attachment 96282

Both were tasty but some fine tuning is required. Both needed longer in the oven (bases were softer than hoped) but certainly a good start 😁

Cheers Tom
Probably does need to be in a touch longer. Get that cheese a bit crispier. great effort.

Humpf! Should have got my ar5e into gear and got some dough on for pizza..I really fancy one after seeing your picture!
Not wasted my time though been planting and potting on in the greenhouse.
If it's any consolation, we put the ingredients into the breadmaker ready to make a lovely pizza only to find 1.5h later that the breadmaker motor is fubar and all the ingredients were still as we left them.
Luckily we have a neapolitan pizza place 100m from the house so we had takeaway!

My sourdough starter wasn’t match ready yesterday so did a yeasted dough instead. Interesting to compare the two.
Tonight’s dough, 40% poolish for 12hrs then 65% hydration dough, 3hr batch prove then 6hrs after balling up. So only 21hrs total fermentation time.
Depth of flavour was similar on tonight’s dough but the sour kick was missing. The extra hydration delivered some serious crustage.
IMG_3182.jpeg
IMG_3183.jpeg

The final verdict (from my dinner companion) was sourdough wins by a short margin. Yeasted dough with a Poolish beats straight dough by a country mile.

Latest posts

Back